Justin Bohn

Hammerhead

Hech's 1-22 start made me think about this guy.

Always noticed him contributing something at Hammerheads games last season. I wasn't imagining things. He hit .295/.376/.416 between there and Greensboro. Although his high BABIPs probably contributed to some of that success, this is a solid all-around player with a much better bat than the crap we have in the eight hole right now. If this guy can cut down on his K totals a bit and hit similarly in AA, I wouldn't be against seeing him get a shot in spring next year.

I'd much rather prefer that than a Hechavarria extension.

unless he's a great defender i don't think he's much of a prospect. maybe a utility role down the line. .699 career minors OPS, no seemingly great hitting tool.

​Rookie ball and A- numbers can usually be thrown out. This dude has improved with every jump he has made and he is still just 22.

I've been following middle infield options since last season with the realization than Hech will never be good.

Bohn is supposedly a decent defender, but he's not much of a prospect overall. Utility is the projection.

He hit his ass of last season and we can only hope he progresses a little more. So even as he projects as a backup ML player, Hech is barely a ML player, so could he be an upgrade over him in '16? Sure. This organization is blind for Hech though.

Why not just call up Dietrich and use Hech as a defensive replacement?

​For this season, sure. Dietrich improved upon his ML numbers in a similar amount of games last year. I'd be for that.

I was moreso looking towards next season and beyond when I made this thread after reading we considered a Hech extension.