4/13 Post Game

Michael

I'm basing his talent level on the fact that he will never be pre-2014 Latos which is what our idiot FO thought they'd get. Maybe he figures out how not to hang his shitty slider, but that's about the best we can hope for, a number 3/4 SP.

​He's easily a 2/3 starter in this league. He has plus velo on his fastball and good movement on his breaking pitches. You clearly haven't watched him as much as I have. I've watched him through is high school and college careers and through his career in the minors. Has he lost maybe 1-2 miles per hour off his fastball from last year? Possibly. But that doesn't mean he a) can't get that heat back and b) isn't a good pitcher.

Did you ever figure that maybe, just maybe, the conditions tonight took their toll on him? The guy was pitching in a driving rainstorm in the middle of his outing. At the start of the night, he looked spectacular. Seriously, go rewatch the first two innings on the replay of the game tonight. He looked great. That's the kind of Latos you can probably expect this year because not every game is going to have tow rain delays.

This is a really bad occasion for you to call the guy out. A really bad time.

I guarantee it won't increase. Fastball velocity doesn't increase like that (his slider might get better). Look it up.

​Maybe he took a bit off of his fastball because he was trying to place pitches better than last outing and battling a pouring rain. Seriously, man, come on. I always thought you knew your stuff but you're going against that right now.

Bad news for Marlins and Twins: Both are 1-6, which pretty much says their seasons are over. Old column explains why: http://t.co/Iqqs8yaNZ8

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) 2015년 4월 14일In six seasons since I wrote that column, 11 teams have started 1-6 or worse. Average win total: 68.5. One success: 2011 Rays made playoffs.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) 2015년 4월 14일

Why is it that following this team have to be so frustrating?

I'm tired of being the braves bitches

​agreed. i, for one, felt like with gattis, upton and kimbrel gone, we would have better success. enter eric young, peterson, and grilli. really?

This team can be so hard to root for. For some inexplicable reason, we suck. We go out and make the right moves, bring in pitching and some much needed offensive help and yet, we still suck. It is the curse of Loria.

​This is key here. We made "the right moves" in the sense that we brought in upgrades to the team. They haven't panned out yet, but its only a week into the season. If you gave me the opportunity to go back to this offseason and make those moves again, I'd still make them. It's way too early to call this a failure.