On a serious note..

Joe8512

How long until we can expect Realmuto to permanently take Salty's place?

I know he won't be a star on offense every single night like he was today, but nonetheless his defense is notches higher than Salty's and we have been waiting for Salty to contribute on offense for 10 months and it ain't happening.

I think every single day that Salty is the starting catcher, we lose major opportunities.

In all honesty, if Salty had started today's game, we would have at least 2 less runs. His inability to drive a run home from 3rd with less than one out is enough to drive a man to drink as well.

I say now is the time. Eat the money and do what is best for the team.

Good thing we already sold any prospect that was worth anything so we could get cash in the Dodgers and Yankees deals. If we finally do give up on Salty, I actually see him being a DFA candidate more than a trade. No one will want him as a starter, and you ideally want your backup catcher to be a good defensive guy so...

​lol. I don't dislike him, I just seriously doubt his ability to be a major league pitcher with such a terrible k rate in the minors

​Not directly comparing the two, but Greg Maddux career K/9 was just 6.1. As long as he's not walking people, I couldn't care less if he struck out nobody.

​Not directly comparing the two, but Greg Maddux career K/9 was just 6.1. As long as he's not walking people, I couldn't care less if he struck out nobody.

​Maddux is a huge outlier when it comes to dominant low k/9 pitchers, but you know that :p  I just really doubt he is anything buy a long relief guy in mlb. 

For some stupid reason the marlins really like Nicolino (unlike disco, apprantly)

​Nicolino is a better pitching prospects than Disco was, strikeouts be damned. Nicolino is a bit Alvarez like in that he goes relatively deep into games, doesn't give up a lot of runs, and doesn't walk many batters at all. Only difference is Alvarez relies on ground balls while Nicolino gets by on a lot more fly ball outs. He's also our best, most MLB ready prospect so he isn't going anywhere, especially in a Salty dump off trade.

​Nicolino is a better pitching prospects than Disco was, strikeouts be damned. Nicolino is a bit Alvarez like in that he goes relatively deep into games, doesn't give up a lot of runs, and doesn't walk many batters at all. Only difference is Alvarez relies on ground balls while Nicolino gets by on a lot more fly ball outs. He's also our best, most MLB ready prospect so he isn't going anywhere, especially in a Salty dump off trade.

​And it's not like we play in Philly so fly balls are alright.

​Disco's new pitches have something to say about who the better prospect is! :)