Derek Dietrich Officially Off the Shit List; Called Up from Triple-A

Yo, @Vince0926, how do you deal with fellow forum members when you have an opinion shared by nobody else?

​Part of the fun of a message board is when people disagree.  Don't worry if you are alone with your opinion, you're entitled to think or feel differently.  If we all agreed, this place would have ended 15 years ago.

Vince is the absolute king of dealing with opposing opinions on here. For a guy who admittedly has a boat load of unpopular opinions I've never seen him argue or get nasty with anyone and he genuinely enjoys conversing on here despite his often ostracized opinions. Not all of us can say the same about ourselves. Gotta give Vince credit for that.

With that said, I'll be hanging out with him at the game tonight ... Anyone want me to take a picture of his reaction when Stanton hits a clutch grand slam to give Miami the lead?

Never thought I'd see the day Dietrich got off the "Never call him back up ever" list. This seems likely an opportunity to give Dietrich some AB's and showcase him for other teams in a potential trade closer to the deadline, but it's nice that he isn't wasting away in AAA anymore.

While he's not the next great 2nd baseman, he's good enough that he should be getting daily starting AB's for some major league team, even if that team isn't us.

Guest Vince0926
Yo, @Vince0926, how do you deal with fellow forum members when you have an opinion shared by nobody else?

Oh I'm never really one to care I love all you guys

If @pollyvonwog and I had our own message board, it would be a horribly boring "complain about the Marlins" board. The contrasting opinions create conversation and guys like @Arpenschplat and @Vince0926 keep us sharp. The bottom line is we're all rooting for the Marlins, we just take different routes to evaluating what players we appreciate and such. That's what makes baseball awesome. And the internet. 

Vince is the absolute king of dealing with opposing opinions on here. For a guy who admittedly has a boat load of unpopular opinions I've never seen him argue or get nasty with anyone and he genuinely enjoys conversing on here despite his often ostracized opinions. Not all of us can say the same about ourselves. Gotta give Vince credit for that.

With that said, I'll be hanging out with him at the game tonight ... Anyone want me to take a picture of his reaction when Stanton hits a clutch grand slam to give Miami the lead?

​Yeah, guys, he's not Wild Card  ;)  jokes, jokes!

Anyone remember that clip like a week ago where Perry Hill said he knows Solano is a good defensive player because even though he's not flashy and you never watch him and say "Wow what a play!" you also never watch him and have to say "Wow what is he doing!?"

For a split second last week that made a tiny bit of sense (kinda how you rarely see Ichiro making dazzling plays) but then last night we that weird break to his right we clearly all said "What the fuck is he doing!?"