So let me recap the "logic" behind some of these inane rants. 

Going into last off season everyone wanted Stanton to be signed long term.

done.

then it was yelich.

done 

then it was picking up some pieces via FA to help fill the gaps. Loria spent money on what was a fairly thin crop of players to the point where a lot of folks LIKED what we did this off season. This includes actual baseball analysts who typically only mock the Marlins. Many of you on here liked how the team looked going into the season.

Many also wanted ozuna locked up but now that he sucks. Where are those cries now?

for whatever reason the moves didn't pan out as planned. Morse magically lost the ability to hit a ball when he has been historically very solid when used as only a 1b. Cishek shit the bed constantly and was likely almost suspended from using those salty tears as a foreign substance. I can go on but we all know how the season panned out.

now we get rid of Cishek who everyone wanted crucified and sent to the minors and generally mocked everything DJ brought him in and that's still wrong lol. 

Loria spent last off season in a big way too. Let's see if they can do it again this offseason with the money saved off guys like cishek,latos, morse, etc.It's highly unlikely we'll have this much shirt luck two seasons in a row (injuries and guys just not meeting status quo for their careers).

I would like to see them invest more in scouting and development too but they did pretty much what every Marlins fan had been clamoring for last offseason and he's still the devil because the team just didn't play well. 

All of that said I can't believe I'm defending him but he did show strides last offseason. I'm going to see if he does it again before ripping on him.

Well Said.  Loria has been a piece of crap for most of the years he's been here, but anything going on this season can't be put on him.  The main issues have been injury to Jose and Hendo bringing down our staff,  since we have gotten A LOT more out of Haren than we thought, and less from Latos for what I think is a virtual wash. On the offensive side, our entire outfield forgot who they were early on (Ozuna hit fairly well but with absolutely no power).  The only thing I would say was an organizational mistake was bringing in Mike Morse. The fact that we even needed a first baseman in the first place is also their fault!  I might just be a sour grape over it, but by the time Jose Abreu was available the likes of Chapman, Cespedes, and Puig had shown that Cuban talent translates well.  Why the hell didn't we sign Abreu?  He's a power hitting first baseman (which we didn't have), and he's CUBAN.  He kills two birds with one stone by producing at a position of need and bringing in the ever-skeptical older Cuban fan base.  I'm not crazy, am I? Wouldn't that have made total sense? For god's sake, both Abreu and Morse are getting paid the same amount of money!!! Oy...

So let me recap the "logic" behind some of these inane rants. 

Going into last off season everyone wanted Stanton to be signed long term.

done.

then it was yelich.

done 

then it was picking up some pieces via FA to help fill the gaps. Loria spent money on what was a fairly thin crop of players to the point where a lot of folks LIKED what we did this off season. This includes actual baseball analysts who typically only mock the Marlins. Many of you on here liked how the team looked going into the season.

Many also wanted ozuna locked up but now that he sucks. Where are those cries now?

for whatever reason the moves didn't pan out as planned. Morse magically lost the ability to hit a ball when he has been historically very solid when used as only a 1b. Cishek shit the bed constantly and was likely almost suspended from using those salty tears as a foreign substance. I can go on but we all know how the season panned out.

now we get rid of Cishek who everyone wanted crucified and sent to the minors and generally mocked everything DJ brought him in and that's still wrong lol. 

Loria spent last off season in a big way too. Let's see if they can do it again this offseason with the money saved off guys like cishek,latos, morse, etc.It's highly unlikely we'll have this much shirt luck two seasons in a row (injuries and guys just not meeting status quo for their careers).

I would like to see them invest more in scouting and development too but they did pretty much what every Marlins fan had been clamoring for last offseason and he's still the devil because the team just didn't play well. 

All of that said I can't believe I'm defending him but he did show strides last offseason. I'm going to see if he does it again before ripping on him.

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity.

Well Said.  Loria has been a piece of crap for most of the years he's been here, but anything going on this season can't be put on him.  The main issues have been injury to Jose and Hendo bringing down our staff,  since we have gotten A LOT more out of Haren than we thought, and less from Latos for what I think is a virtual wash. On the offensive side, our entire outfield forgot who they were early on (Ozuna hit fairly well but with absolutely no power).  The only thing I would say was an organizational mistake was bringing in Mike Morse. The fact that we even needed a first baseman in the first place is also their fault!  I might just be a sour grape over it, but by the time Jose Abreu was available the likes of Chapman, Cespedes, and Puig had shown that Cuban talent translates well.  Why the hell didn't we sign Abreu?  He's a power hitting first baseman (which we didn't have), and he's CUBAN.  He kills two birds with one stone by producing at a position of need and bringing in the ever-skeptical older Cuban fan base.  I'm not crazy, am I? Wouldn't that have made total sense? For god's sake, both Abreu and Morse are getting paid the same amount of money!!! Oy...

Ditto to my previous reply.

Miami is open to dealing veteran Dan Haren, but has rebuffed at least one club that asked for money to be sent along with him

Waiting on fair offer. If that team offered a fair prospect, they would've sent some cash with him but the team offered shit AND wanted us to pay for him.

also, i'd like to say that in my Hutton-esque rant which was typed via my sausage fingers on a cell phone under a desk while acting like I was working at my desk I apparently created the term "shirt luck"  thanks to autocorrect.  i expect royalties when it catches on.