clarkspencer@clarkspencer 8s8 seconds ago

While #Marlins aren't shopping Marcell Ozuna, numerous teams asking about him, including Indians

Carrasco?

carrasco!

clarkspencer@clarkspencer 17s17 seconds ago

#Marlins scouts have been in Cleveland looking at pitching -- Salazar, Carrasco?

I heard this yesterday, it's finally coming to light.

@fish14 how was my source on this?

What exactly is desirable about trading our 3rd best hitter for pitchers who are average to maybe a little above average when finding quality pitching is one of the easiest things to do in this day and age in MLB?

Especially when we have shitty hitters to begin with?  That would be unbelievably stupid but count on the marlins selling low yet again.

Smart teams take advantage of market inefficiencies.  Epstein in 3-4 years took a terrible Cubs lineup and realized that finding great young hitters in the non steroid era is incredibly difficult and went through 3 bad years and now has the best young lineup in the game.  Found a gem in Arrieta and made a signing in Lester and now they are going to be a contender for years to come.  Why can't we have a smart, freethinking front office for once who has a smart plan and sticks to it for more than a year?

% of him actually being dealt

I hope it doesn't happen at all, but with Boras as an agent and less than likely of him staying I'd speculate it's high (I don't personally have legit credible sources, just friends who talk a lot of shit and claim they have sources lol) Chisenhall was mentioned as well. 

Carrasco or Salazar would be so awesome here. Who the marlins would get to replace ozuna is whole different animal though. 

can someone explain why everyone is so high on them.  one is 28 with fairly average results and the other is 25 and has been solid but nothing special in the bigs.  i know you're not saying this but trading ozuna for them would be so incredibly stupid its hard to put into words.

can someone explain why everyone is so high on them.  one is 28 with fairly average results and the other is 25 and has been solid but nothing special in the bigs.  i know you're not saying this but trading ozuna for them would be so incredibly stupid its hard to put into words.

Because they have great peripherals and have great stuff. Both of those guys would easily become the #2 that this franchise so desperately needs, especially now that Alvarez's status is up in the air. 

Figure out corner OF later in free agency. It shouldn't be that hard. Yelich would take over in CF.

The Indians have one of the worst defenses in the majors + that park. Salazar or Carrasco here would absolutely rake. Both their peripherals are in fact elite. Trade ozuna and latos for one of them and sign Justin Upton in the off season to play LF. Bada bing. 

For Carrasco or Salazar, Ozuna can go fuck it and go fuck himself.

Please, let's get one of Cleveland's starters. 

Cause when you have a chance to get a 28 year old starter with a career 4.30 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP for a guy who has star potential you have to do it?  You seriously overrate Carrasco.  Koehler has a 3.89 ERA and 1.3 Whip for his career.

Salazar i would love but not for ozuna.  Our pitching is not the issue, our offense is and has been the issue for years now.  Especially with our ballpark it makes finding pitching a lot less of a need.

Cause when you have a chance to get a 28 year old starter with a career 4.30 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP for a guy who has star potential you have to do it?  You seriously overrate Carrasco.  Koehler has a 3.89 ERA and 1.3 Whip for his career

Carrasco is a completely different pitcher from 2014 on (look at his pitch repertoire). His SO/BB ratio is elite and has been for the last 2 years. His FIP over the last 2 years is awesome (2s). I'd definitely prefer salazar (love his stuff), but carrasco would be awesome too and if there's a chance at all to get one of them the fish need to jump on it.

Cause when you have a chance to get a 28 year old starter with a career 4.30 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP for a guy who has star potential you have to do it?  You seriously overrate Carrasco.  Koehler has a 3.89 ERA and 1.3 Whip for his career

Fortunately, I don't value pitchers on their ERA and WHIP.

The only guy in the deal with "superstar potential" is the guy we get from Cleveland.

Ever heard of FIP, xFIP, SIERA, etc.? We talk about wanting a front office that's into analytics. This move would be an unintentional analytical move. It would be great. 

Also, for what it's worth, Carrasco is signed to a nice, cheap deal.

I am much more into trading for good young hitters that improve our god awful lineup and signing a proven number 2 in the offseason.   Quality free agent hitters are a lot harder to find than pitchers.  Especially already having an ace in Jose and a bunch of other guys who can help fill the rotation in Urena, Nicolino, Conley, Koehler.  

I understand what you guys are saying I just think the bigger priority given where we play half our games should be improving this dreadful lineup cause its been proven we can draft or develop hitters for shit.