I don't agree with this. I mean, let's not act like injuries haven't been the most significant reason why this team has sucked this season. We have spent a decent portion without our top two starters and four-fifths of our rotation, and Stanton has been out for over a month.

I'm not saying a healthy Marlins team would be leading the NL East or anything, but I think it's ridiculous to ignore the fact that we have had incredibly shitty luck for quite some time now. We would at least still be in contention had we not been wrecked by injuries.

Losers are exposed by their lack of depth...

Without the injuries this team was still mediocre...and now we are trading off the same risky pieces...that never came through...for even worse gambles, as they have even less of a chance of coming through.

This team is starting to remind me of the years King Felix wasted away on the Mariners...or the more recent spoiled could have been Rockies team...

but...

Thanks to your name, your point was a VALID point nonetheless.

Losers are exposed by their lack of depth...

Without the injuries this team was still mediocre...and now we are trading off the same risky pieces...that never came through...for even worse gambles, as they have even less of a chance of coming through.

This team is starting to remind me of the years King Felix wasted away on the Mariners...or the more recent spoiled could have been Rockies team...

but...

Thanks to your name, your point was a VALID point nonetheless.

Name me one team in baseball that can spend most of the season without its top two starters and still contend. Like, do you think the Nationals are in first place if Scherzer and Zimmermann were down and Harper was out for over a month?

If we trade Prado just to give 3B over fulltime to McGehee over DD I'm gonna choke someone. Probably Vince.  :)

And Bour is a solid platoon guy or a cheap power option but I don't really want him as a fulltime starter at 1B.

If we trade Ozuna for some legit SP, move Yelich to CF, trade Latos and Haren for some prospects and sign Upton to play LF and sign Zimmerman to go with Carrasco and Fernandez I'm fine going cheap with DD and Bour at corner infield spots. But the money better be spent wisely somehow. 

Gordon, Upton, Yelich, Stanton, Bour, JT, DD, Hech, pitcher 

pretty nice lineup. We fix the top of our rotation and get some pieces for our farm in the process as well. Signing Zimmerman and Upton wouldn't be cheap but we'd also be dumping Prados 8 (11-3). Morse would still be an issue however. 

We are not signing anyone. 

Don't get me wrong...the sh** I would eat out of Loria's a** if he just opened his wallet and gave me a playoff baseball team...

but...

The only time the team did...it was an abysmal failure that the front office would have you believe they are still paying for in one conversation, but meanwhile was a keen business decision in another conversation.

I really hope hockey is better this year.

Name me one team in baseball that can spend most of the season without its top two starters and still contend. Like, do you think the Nationals are in first place if Scherzer and Zimmermann were down and Harper was out for over a month?

no no...I agree that it hurt.

But the truth is we were and are a mediocre team even with them. 

Ie Mariners...Rockies...Hell...Johan Mets even...

::edit:: also...Harper has lost time this season and Strausburg and Fister have been out. Toss in Rendon AND Werth...that team is still leading despite not running away with it...because they are a good DEEP team

The Nationals are probably a bad example, but I get your point. Had the team been healthier, we could be around .500 right now, but it is what it is. 

To be fair, the team knew that their ace would be out to begin the season so it shouldn't have come as a surprise.

no no...I agree that it hurt.

But the truth is we were and are a mediocre team even with them. 

Ie Mariners...Rockies...Hell...Johan Mets even...

::edit:: also...Harper has lost time this season and Strausburg and Fister have been out. Toss in Rendon AND Werth...that team is still leading despite not running away with it...because they are a good DEEP team

Strasburg is horrendous (definitely not one of their top two starters and wouldn't be top two on the Marlins, either) and Harper has been healthy all season. The guy has played in 91 of their 97 games.

The Nationals are probably a bad example, but I get your point. Had the team been healthier, we could be around .500 right now, but it is what it is. 

To be fair, the team knew that their ace would be out to begin the season so it shouldn't have come as a surprise.

I used the Nats as my example because they are in our division, but you can do this with basically any other team. For example, imagine the Yankees without Tanaka and Pineda?

Which is why they should have invested in some pitching during the offseason. But SP is not the only problem with this team, too many nights the bats fall silent, with the exception of Stanton and Gordon; we've lost way too many low scoring games by one or two runs. 

Strasburg is horrendous (definitely not one of their top two starters and wouldn't be top two on the Marlins, either) and Harper has been healthy all season. The guy has played in 91 of their 97 games.

Strasburg has been horrendous this year, but before this year, he was one of the best starters in baseball. The Nationals were a poor example. It's amazing how many things have gone wrong for them, yet they're still over .500 and in first place. Then again, this is why many people expected them to win 100+ games before the year began. Their starting pitching depth is probably the best in all of baseball. 

Strasburg has been horrendous this year, but before this year, he was one of the best starters in baseball. The Nationals were a poor example. It's amazing how many things have gone wrong for them, yet they're still over .500 and in first place. Then again, this is why many people expected them to win 100+ games before the year began. Their starting pitching depth is probably the best in all of baseball. 

Their starting pitching depth is probably the best in baseball, but pull Scherzer off that team and they are struggling, a la Jose Fernandez. I mean, Jose and Alvarez are probably one of the better 1-2 punches in baseball when healthy. Not having them is a pretty huge thing.

dude. Strausburg is an ace on any team...he's been injured all season.

Harper is doing what he's doing while playing through knee injuries

Dont blame the season on injuries.  Good teams overcome that.  The cardinals have lost different aces multiple times, multiple years, and then lost albert Pujols (not to injury, granted), and still compete every year.  We are a horrible built team year in and year out that can never sustain injuries.