Joe Frisaro @JoeFrisaro

The three pitching prospects the #Marlins would be receiving from #Dodgers are Jeff Brigham, Victor Araujo, Kevin Guzman.

To steal a line from Admin The Cable Guy.  "That's funny right there.  I don't care who you are."

I would have rather have taken just one of Lee or Stripling.  Or it would have been better to just keep Latos and extend him an offer at the end of the season and most likely gotten another pick and kept the comp pick.  It's not like Morse was locked into a long term contract.  It would have only been one more season for fucks sake.  

Jeff Brigham was #28 on LA Top 30

Scouting grades: Fastball: 65 | Slider: 50 | Changeup: 40 | Control: 45 | Overall: 45

Brigham's elbow started to bother him during his freshman year at Washington in 2011, didn't get better the next year and required Tommy John surgery in July 2012. He missed all of 2013 before returning last spring and pitching his way into the fourth round. The Dodgers kept him on tight pitch counts in his pro debut and shut him down before instructional league.

While the quality of Brigham's stuff fluctuated in his first full year back from elbow reconstruction, he showed a 90-94 mph fastball that hit 97 and had hard armside run and sink when he was at his best. He also flashed a hard slider in the low 80s that got slurvy at times.

Brigham's control wasn't as sharp as it had been in the past, though that's typical of the early stages of recovery from Tommy John surgery. He doesn't show much feel for a changeup and lacks size and a track record of durability, so he could wind up in the bullpen.

There is still one horror film Hollywood hasn't made yet.  They need to make a film like Moneyball but show how the Marlins are run and how they make decisions.

Is the second post for the sequel?  LOL

Loria- Kathy Bates' butthole

Hill- Meryll Streep's butthole

Jennings- Harrison Ford's butthole

Samson- Danny DeVito

Aw Hell, DeVito can just play Samson as Frank Reynolds

Tonight's episode of "It's Always Shitty in Miami's Front Office"... "The Gang Fucks Up A Trade"

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan

Dodgers-Braves-Marlins' three-way trade far from done. Medical concerns in multiple directions, esp. with Hector Olivera's elbow. But .

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan

If completed, Dodgers get Wood, Latos, Johnson, Peraza, Morse. Braves get Olivera, Zach Bird, draft pick. Marlins get 3 low-level pitchers.

Three low-level pitchers... Rebuilding the farm system it seems, with three low-level pitchers yet you give up a compensatory pick... I can't wait until they renegotiate the TV deal in a few years, Loria signs a couple FA and dumps them after mid-season... LOVE THIS TEAM'S MGMT!!!

Isn't the payroll supposed to increase year by year? And yeah they really need to get that new TV deal like fucking now. 

I also don't trust Alvarez and we need a #2 starter.  Need to get Cosart healthy and pitching like he is capable of. 

I wouldn't have minded re-signing Latos as he looks to be back in form but guess not. We need a new bench and some bullpen revamping too. 

Never another solano. 

And would be great if the hitters just fucking performed to their capabilities. 

Three low-level pitchers... Rebuilding the farm system it seems, with three low-level pitchers yet you give up a compensatory pick... I can't wait until they renegotiate the TV deal in a few years, Loria signs a couple FA and dumps them after mid-season... LOVE THIS TEAM'S MGMT!!!

Loria's interest is to make money, if the team does well fine but that is not his primary concern. Unfortunately, investing in the team, albeit costly in the short run, will be lucrative in the long run. I'm guessing if he is planning to sell the team after 2017, he will do everything he can to put a winning product in the field that year to give himself a hefty payday. Unfortunately, the better approach would be to start creating that team now. Not in one year. Although, I will admit there issues such injuries this year. Sadly, while other teams can overcome injuries,this team does not have the depth to do so which is why it hurt.

Isn't the payroll supposed to increase year by year? And yeah they really need to get that new TV deal like fucking now. 

I also don't trust Alvarez and we need a #2 starter.  Need to get Cosart healthy and pitching like he is capable of. 

I wouldn't have minded re-signing Latos as he looks to be back in form but guess not. We need a new bench and some bullpen revamping too. 

Never another solano. 

And would be great if the hitters just fucking performed to their capabilities. 

Payroll is supposed to go up.

If payroll is going to go up, and they use the cost savings from payroll this year (they have presently saved around $8-9 million this season by ditching Cishek, Morse, and Latos, and can save another $5 moving Haren and Dunn) along with the supposed "raise", they are going to have $25-30+ million to spend in free agency.

They need 3 bench players, a starting pitcher, and depending on if Koehler/Phelps is the 5 or in the bullpen (I think they trade one of them, probably Koehler), maybe one more SP.

That is a big time $15-20+ million SP, an OK innings eater for the 5, and enough to round out the bench, especially with more trade assets for Haren, Koehler/Phelps, and Dunn coming. You'd hope those guys can bring in a young 1B/OF type and a backup catcher ideally.

Everyone can be so gloomy, but they aren't in bad shape. The problem is what Erick says, they blow all their FA moves (salty, morse, buck, bell, etc.), and do stupid things like not trade Cishek when Dyson/Capps/Caminero were slated for the minors before the season and draft Kolek over Roden / Naylor over everyone to save money. If they can get over those issues, the core is really good with Fernandez, Stanton, Yelich, Realmuto, Capps, Gordon, etc.

Lol at the return.  The Indians just netted a good first round pick from last year pitching prospect for Brandon Moss who is OPS'ing under .700.  thats what happens when money doesnt rule every deal you make.  absolutely fuckign ridiculous how horrible we just wasted Desclafani and Wallach for half a year of Latos.

We fucking blow.

Guest Guest
Lol at the return.  The Indians just netted a good first round pick from last year pitching prospect for Brandon Moss who is OPS'ing under .700.  thats what happens when money doesnt rule every deal you make.  

You can't compare the trades.  Moss is under team control in 2016 and cheaper,  Latos is a 2 month rental and an injury problem of late.  This current trade market also values hitters more than pitchers.

You can't compare the trades.  Moss is under team control in 2016 and cheaper,  Latos is a 2 month rental and an injury problem of late.  This current trade market also values hitters more than pitchers.

which makes the stupid idea to hang onto prado as a 30 + year old so funny.