What is it going to take to fire Hill and Jennings?

His motivation is to win another WS and he did everything he should've done last off-season.  And until he does the wrong thing this coming off-season, how about we cut him a little slack?  Wait and see if he continues to do the right thing.

i'm going to have to agree with you on this one sir.  i actually liked most of the moves last offseason and felt like we were a much stronger team going into this year with a fighting chance at a wildcard berth.  it's not his fault ozuna has regressed, morse has sucked, ichiro has gone 0-10000.  morse was intended to play at 1b and has historically been pretty damn solid if he's strictly gets to play at first and not lumber around in the outfield.  Ozuna was part of the "best outfield in baseball" (quoting some ESPN folks).  Ichiro was considered probably one of the best bench guys on the planet and also got us some exposure to Japan for a change.  I could go on...but the point is, there was a lot to like about last offseason.

Things i don't agree with...firing Redmond with the intention of just plugging in Jennings all because Loria is paying multiple salaries for other managers already and Jennings was already on the payroll. it's not like Jennings is some sparkplug. i mean the guy had to go pointlessly yell over a checked swing call to get tossed to show he had a pulse to the team.  How they draft screams "cheap" as well.  with our farm system completely bereft of any talent maybe taking some guys who are nearly ready to roll would be better than rolling the dice on someone like a Kolek.

The biggest test will be, as Admin said, what he does this coming offseason.  Does he just tank it and not sign anyone of note because he's been burned by Morse and Salty? or does he go back at it and try again like he did this past offseason? 

On a closing note I also believe that going into last offseason a few of you said that a long term stanton deal would be all that was needed to cconsider the offseason a success.  He not only signed Stanton they also got Yelich done too and at least tried with Ozuna, who probably shot himself in the foot considering Bor-ass is his agent and wouldn't let him sign early and now he's had a shitty season.  Just pointing out, the main reason everyone is pointing fingers at Loria right now is because we're so used to it being warranted from his past actions.  this last offseason though was a very solid effort and it's entirely on the players shoulders that they are so terrible this season.  point your fingers at them folks. 

And what the hell is this scrambles shit? where have I been?

Scrambles is Bender.

Scrambles is also a sentient hurricane that goes anywhere between a normal, every day thunderstorm and a category 5+++++ whenever Scrambles feels.

SCRAMBLES HAS SPOKEN!

This direction that the last offseason showed, can we at least entertain the possibility that this is Loria taking his hands off the team and letting Hill and Jennings show they can make the right moves on their own without Loria and Beinfest, and that from there at least the next few offseasons will at least be trendingin the right direction as well? Or are we passed that point?

can we at least entertain the possibility that this is Loria taking his hands off the team and letting Hill and Jennings show they can make the right moves on their own

I can unequivocally tell you he took his hands off the team, he's letting the baseball people make the decisions.  Evidently however though, now THAT is a problem here for the Loria haters.  Now they are mad he didn't step in and step on toes.  

You said if he fucks this off-season up, he is a problem. That is completely ignoring Loria as an owner since he purchased the expos.

You're misunderstanding my words.  I even said somewhere here the other day that I do not like him, I don't think he's a good owner and he's made mistakes in the past.  I said he did well last off-season and maybe that progress can continue. Getting mad before it happens seems counterproductive.

It's like when a kid goes to the Dr, maybe he won't get a shot. But the kid is fucking waiting for it, and on the way to the Dr is convinced a shot is coming. Why? Because kids get shots all the time. Is it counterproductive, even if the kid is getting a shot? Yes, but that's the feeling, because it's what has been experienced in the past. 

I get it, good analogy. That's not sarcasm by the way, I really do get that.