The Funniest Thing Ever Written About the Marlins This Year

If there is a mandate by owners to shed salaries, then that raises issues for potentially more trades. For now, there hasn't been any clear indication that's the plan. Although Miami is struggling, having lost three straight, the anticipation is the team will make things interesting down the stretch.

"There is a lot of season left to play," Berger said.

THE SECOND WORST TEAM IN ALL OF BASEBALL THINKS IT STILL HAS A CHANCE TO MAKE THINGS INTERESTING

Publicly saying it only.

Okay, good. I understand the value of that: you don't want fans to think you've fully given up. I just worry with how delusional our front office can be that they actually think they have a chance, and things like playing the old McGehee instead of the young Dietrich spark a little concern.

the Marlins would have to go 41-24 to end the season with a .500 record (which is almost interesting. first non-losing season since '09!)

it's the end of July and they've already got 41 wins. so like... I don't see why not! let's do it! wooooooooooo

Guest Vince0926
the Marlins would have to go 41-24 to end the season with a .500 record (which is almost interesting. first non-losing season since '09!)

it's the end of July and they've already got 41 wins. so like... I don't see why not! let's do it! wooooooooooo

not even I'm jumping all over this. That must mean something.

Okay, good. I understand the value of that: you don't want fans to think you've fully given up. I just worry with how delusional our front office can be that they actually think they have a chance, and things like playing the old McGehee instead of the young Dietrich spark a little concern.

This is the salient point. DJ keeps platooning bour & dietrich for absolutely no reason considering the circumstances. Those guys need every day ABs to see if they're worth something. 

Guest Guest
because being honest to your fans is always a wise decision.

Its not good business because casual fans are morons who don't comprehend they SHOULD trade certain people.  I saw people calling it a fire sale because they are thinking of trading Haren.  Maybe they can get a extra few of those morons to pony up for tickets tomorrow before they start doing deals.

Guest Guest

By "interesting" I think they mean that the Marlins will contend for the first overall draft pick which will then be wasted on a 2nd round player or one who only has one tool.

Guest Vince0926
Come on let's finish 49-14 and make the playoffs with a 90-72 record

Doubtful but after all they do feel like they are still in contention