How would you improve this team in the offseason?

fish14

I wish, but know they won't. I expect them to sign Mike Leake and maybe Ian Kennedy

IF Jose and Alvarez are able to come back healthy (and that's a big "if"), I'd be perfectly fine with that. Leake is pretty good and Kennedy at least eats innings. Jose, Alvarez, Leake, Cosart and Kennedy looks pretty nice.

Of course, I'm probably kidding myself thinking they'll all stay healthy.

Guest Vince0926
because Loria is too cheap to pay the "Price"???

Bwahahaha!!1!!! See what I did there guys!???

I saw my friend. I saw. And I must say I chuckled a bit.

Guest Vince0926
IF Jose and Alvarez are able to come back healthy (and that's a big "if"), I'd be perfectly fine with that. Leake is pretty good and Kennedy at least eats innings. Jose, Alvarez, Leake, Cosart and Kennedy looks pretty nice.

Of course, I'm probably kidding myself thinking they'll all stay healthy.

I wouldn't BET on it. But not before I take a LEAK. Maybe instead I'll become PRESIDENT. Or maybe I'll maybe I'll take a step back and WIND UP. And shoulder stiffness.

I kinda wish this team would relocate and re-name. Then I could support another side. The first US sports team I followed was the Houston Oilers. So now I follow the Dolphins.

I would keep the tattoo in memory.

I would have to follow another NL team as I think the DH thing sucks. Not from the NL East. Probably the Giants, to be honest.

Kazmir is going to stay home and sign a deal with Houston 

Samardzija may resign with the white sox. They both like each other

cueto is going where he can get the highest combo of money and winning culture. 

We'll see what they do. There is a lot of pitching out there this offseason. Money talks end of the day with guys looking for their last big payday.

If you want to play the hometown card, they can afford to give Greinke $25 a year, sign Napoli (also hometown), a 3/4 SP for around $7 a year, and get a real 4th OF. You can easily project that team under $90 million in total payroll if you ditch just Koehler and Dunn for young controlled lefty relievers.

They can't really sell the winning culture, but they can sell two of the top 10 players in baseball, and a really solid core around them.

The team sucks right now, but they are really just health and 3-4 good guys away from being really dangerous.

Guest Vince0926
I kinda wish this team would relocate and re-name. Then I could support another side. The first US sports team I followed was the Houston Oilers. So now I follow the Dolphins.

I would keep the tattoo in memory.

I would have to follow another NL team as I think the DH thing sucks. Not from the NL East. Probably the Giants, to be honest.

i heard you like the marlins, giants, yankees, brewers and pirates. Know how i know this? Cause casey mcgehee played for all of them. HI-OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

We'll see what they do. There is a lot of pitching out there this offseason. Money talks end of the day with guys looking for their last big payday.

If you want to play the hometown card, they can afford to give Greinke $25 a year, sign Napoli (also hometown), a 3/4 SP for around $7 a year, and get a real 4th OF. You can easily project that team under $90 million in total payroll if you ditch just Koehler and Dunn for young controlled lefty relievers.

They can't really sell the winning culture, but they can sell two of the top 10 players in baseball, and a really solid core around them.

The team sucks right now, but they are really just health and 3-4 good guys away from being really dangerous.

be sure to mark down where kazmir and smardazja end up going.

and cueto.

mine will come true.  

napoli is more or less done and would be as retarded of a signing as morse was.

i dont know where grienke goes, i assume he stays in LA cause they will give the most money (25 aav wont get you in the grienke discussion)

(and orlando is not miami, so its not really hometown)

Who could this be? Give some examples please.

I've been scouring the upcoming free agent list for a while now and the market is pretty thin, I admit. Would Stanton ever be OK with playing 1B? If so, it opens up options. However, there are SP options on the market, as others have already mentioned, but Loria would never dish out the cash.