Frisaro's thoughts on the core

Guest Guest

Yelich's contract extension means he's part of the core. Is he untouchable like Stanton or Fernandez? No. But he's still clearly a part of the core. Ozuna is in the same boat but without the contract. And Prado is a decent piece they'd like to keep, that doesn't equal core though.

I was expecting worse seeing the comments, but just a fluff piece.

Im just angry they didn't move Koehler at the deadline when he was at a theoretical maximum value. Pretty stupid. Putting him in with "the core" is pretty silly. 

Two starting pitchers, a lefty bashing 1B, and a veteran 4th OF. Trade Koehler and Dunn for younger lefties. That's all they need to do. 

I would love to the see Dietrich get in there more and get more spot starts in 1B. His numbers against LHP aren't good .192 BA. But his OPS of .897 and OBP of .397 is excellent. Even last year his OBP was .344 not bad at all.

I just think you let Dietrich get in as many games with LHP as possible.

I would love to the see Dietrich get in there more and get more spot starts in 1B. His numbers against LHP aren't good .192 BA. But his OPS of .897 and OBP of .397 is excellent. Even last year his OBP was .344 not bad at all.

Dietrich right now 7th in NL in OPS for those over 100 AB. Crazy not to have him in everyday lineup against RHP.  Hope he's included in the core but suspect he'll go in a package for a 2/3 SP which I think will suck. Always liked his grit. 

Is he untouchable like Stanton or Fernandez? No. 

Actually he is and Frisaro is wrong.  Currently* the Marlins would under no circumstances trade Yelich, Stanton, Fernandez, Realmuto or Gordon.

*Subject to change as this is the marlins.

Actually he is and Frisaro is wrong.  Currently* the Marlins would under no circumstances trade Yelich, Stanton, Fernandez, Realmuto or Gordon.

*Subject to change as this is the marlins.

I take "under no circumstances" to mean, hypothetically, if the Dodgers offered Kershaw for Stanton or Fernandez, the answer would be no. I feel like Yelich Gordon and Realmuto fall more under yes as in "we'd only take a blowaway offer for them." 

Am I wrong? 

I take "under no circumstances" to mean, hypothetically, if the Dodgers offered Kershaw for Stanton or Fernandez, the answer would be no. I feel like Yelich Gordon and Realmuto fall more under yes as in "we'd only take a blowaway offer for them." 

Am I wrong? 

If you want to go with crazy hypotheticals, that changes the story. Obviously what you presented would never happen but I assume they'd make that deal. However it's as likely as Alison Brie taking my last name.

Well maybe Kershaw isn't the best example but I meant while all of Stanton Fernandez Yelich Gordon and Realmuto would be "untouchable" I'd think a blowaway deal for Yelich Gordon and JT would make them more tradeable than Stanton or Fernandez. 

Really not sure why Realmuto is untouchable. He's OPSing under .700 and doesn't walk. A little early to assume he sticks.

Plus most of that .677 OPS is his slugging, because his OBP is only .282, which is awful.

I think its more of a case of who do they replace him with if they trade him

Shouldn't Hechavarria be on the list too?

I mean, they stuck with him when his #'s looked terrible and the metrics didn't agree with their opinion of him. It would be weird to consider him more tradeable than some of these other guys considering he's actually been very good this year. 

Shouldn't Hechavarria be on the list too?

I mean, they stuck with him when his #'s looked terrible and the metrics didn't agree with their opinion of him. It would be weird to consider him more tradeable than some of these other guys considering he's actually been very good this year. 

I agree but for some reason he isn't

Am I wrong? 

id trade fernandez for kershaw, tbh

Absolutely.  Instead they PH Casey McGehee for him.  I can't even...

Here's Stanton thoughts on the "core."

Giancarlo Stanton made clear that he wants to see roster upgrades. “We need a lot of changes,” Stanton said, “and that’s as much as I’ll get into that.

that quote from Barry Jackson's column.

Giancarlo Stanton made clear that he wants to see roster upgrades. “We need a lot of changes,” Stanton said, “and that’s as much as I’ll get into that.

He's right and if they don't do it, I'll be the first to bash them here if I can sign in before anyone else does

Um, ok Giancarlo.  Genius.

He's right and if they don't do it, I'll be the first to bash them here if I can sign in before anyone else does

where do you think they go and upgrade? Besides the obvious pitching. Offense is set unless they deal Prado and Ozuna and decide to really do something about first base.