Justin Bour

JackRubysDog

Is Bour now a lock at 1B? Just when you think his defense sucks he pulls off two grabs like last night, although there are still times he looks like a fan whom has accidentally wandered onto the field.

I'm in favo(u)r of giving Bour the everyday 1B job, and forgetting platooning ideas not that the Marlins ever do that anyway.

We have too many other holes that needed filled. Justin bour is the least of my worries for next year. Save the money for another position of need and let Bour get another full year, he's earned it and he has he power they wanted.

With that said, I fully expect the Marlins to ignore what I said and sign some washed up has been to play first for 10mil a year.

.597 ops against lefties and has struck out like 33% of the time against them. Gotta platoon him, but yeah he should absolutely be the main guy against rhp

He's only had 60 plate appearances against lefties this season as Jennings wasted everyone's time starting McGehee in July and August.  In his minor league career, he's been fine against left handers.  I hope they just give him the job and fill needs elsewhere.  Perhaps sign a Valencia type to play against the toughest lefties, but they need his power in the lineup.  Besides, there's nobody available that would be a big enough upgrade in our price range to merit the investment.

He's only had 60 plate appearances against lefties this season as Jennings wasted everyone's time starting McGehee in July and August.  In his minor league career, he's been fine against left handers.  I hope they just give him the job and fill needs elsewhere.  Perhaps sign a Valencia type to play against the toughest lefties, but they need his power in the lineup.  Besides, there's nobody available that would be a big enough upgrade in our price range to merit the investment.

The Marlins had an opportunity to sign Valencia and passed up on it because who gives a shit about numbers. 

Definitely the starter next year. Dude is cheap, there's absolutely no way they go out and acquire someone to play first. Unless, of course, it's a right-handed bat to complement him, which is easy enough to find and cheap enough to get. Bour has certainly turned out to be an excellent diamond in the rough and shored up a position that was possibly our biggest hole throughout the entire organization.

I don't think any changes are necessary to the starting lineup, so yes Bour gets the first base job. Depth is another issue and thus the priority (offensively at least) should be getting the right complimentary pieces for the bench as well as minor league signings for when injuries occur.

Pitching is of course a whole other story but as far as offensive I'd be just fine with the same starting eight and a revamped bench and minor league depth signings.

What happened post game? 

minervini was asking stupid questions while Prado and Jose were messing with Bour and Bour just looked more concerned with getting away from his playful teammates than answering Craig's silly questions.  

the questions were things like "you hit two homers, which did u like more?" to which the straight faced Bour was like they're both good why the fuck would I like one more than the other. 

I don't see an attitude problem because when I've seen Bour having fun with his teammates he's happy and carefree. I just think he doesn't enjoy interviews and Craig's stupid questions really don't help matters especially when he's trying to dodge Jose's dumping of ice on him.