Justin Bour

JackRubysDog

I think he has been too good and the 1b free agent market is too bare to go with anyone else besides him for next year.  He has been a great find.  I really hope we can get one full season eventually of our entire lineup healthy for the most part.  Giancarlo can't keep getting injured every year obviously but the other guys in the lineup need to be consistent as well.  The numbers at the end of the year for our lineup actually look pretty solid, I just hope we can recreate those numbers next year in a much more consistent manner and not be as the result of hot septembers.

Would have been a nice piece. No idea why they didn't. I think he'll stay with Oakland. 

If you mean they could have signed him before the season, they had Baker in that role (and Morse at first).  If you mean after the Blue Jays released him, then they didn't have a chance because the waiver claim went in reverse order of standings by League and AL teams had first crack at him...and the A's claimed him.  

I think he has been too good and the 1b free agent market is too bare to go with anyone else besides him for next year.  He has been a great find.  I really hope we can get one full season eventually of our entire lineup healthy for the most part.  Giancarlo can't keep getting injured every year obviously but the other guys in the lineup need to be consistent as well.  The numbers at the end of the year for our lineup actually look pretty solid, I just hope we can recreate those numbers next year in a much more consistent manner and not be as the result of hot septembers.

BA numbers are solid, OPS creeping up. But the toxic mix of lots of ground balls, low extra base (doubles) performance and poor RISP performance has been consistent throughout the year and still largely remains a issue though getting slightly better.  Team will be in the dumpster next year if this continues on into next year. A healthy year of Stanton and Bour, a far more productive Yelich and Ozuna and the subtraction of Ichiro will go a long way toward solving the problem.

BA numbers are solid, OPS creeping up. But the toxic mix of lots of ground balls, low extra base (doubles) performance and poor RISP performance has been consistent throughout the year and still largely remains a issue though getting slightly better.  Team will be in the dumpster next year if this continues on into next year. A healthy year of Stanton and Bour, a far more productive Yelich and Ozuna and the subtraction of Ichiro will go a long way toward solving the problem.

Ya thats why I'm skeptical the numbers have crept up but other numbers aren't promising and a lot of those numbers have been completely meaningless in September.  I wish there was a good power hitting 3b available in free agency.  I think there is a chance everything can work out for next year but id still be extremely hesitant to trot out this same lineup.  I just don't know what our options are if we decide to make a change.   

Yelich will be fine it was obvious to anyone who watched his lower back was destroying him in April.  Ozuna on the other hand is the huge key.  If he can be a guy who is around an .800 OPS guy with his power back i think we will be alright.  Also Ichiro needs to be as far away from this team as possible.  Get an actual 4th outfielder for next year please.