Bowa getting second interview

Admin

God every manager we have interviewed shows just what is wrong with this franchise.  No forward thinking, just retreads and new mike redmonds.   The funniest part is we are gonna end up hiring the guy whose team has a ridiculous payroll and still can't win a world series and has a large part of the fan base who think he is an incompetent manager.

Just another day in the life of the team who is seriously gonna take one month of good baseball after we were already 27 games under .500 as a reason to retain a front office who has missed the playoffs for 13 straight years and has been completely dysfunctional in every sense of the word.  God I wish i was born in St. Louis.

God every manager we have interviewed shows just what is wrong with this franchise.  No forward thinking, just retreads and new mike redmonds.   The funniest part is we are gonna end up hiring the guy whose team has a ridiculous payroll and still can't win a world series and has a large part of the fan base who think he is an incompetent manager.

Just another day in the life of the team who is seriously gonna take one month of good baseball after we were already 27 games under .500 as a reason to retain a front office who has missed the playoffs for 13 straight years and has been completely dysfunctional in every sense of the word.  God I wish i was born in St. Louis.

Hiring Mike Redmond came at a time when managers were being hired with little to no experience.  Mike Redmond actually had the MOST experience of managers hired in that period.

Jeff Loria, being Jeff Loria pulled the plug too early on Redmond.  You cannot hire a guy with little experience and expect him to be Mike Matheny, who is helped tremendously by the flat out depth of that organization (and willingness to spend money when needed). 

Now they are going to go after Admin Bowa (who was a terrible manager 10 years ago and I cant imagine him being more relatable to players now all of a sudden), or they will go after Don Mattingly because Jeff Loria knows him and likes him from his days as being a minority owner of the Yankees.  There are worse guys, mostly due to Mattingly getting a raw deal in Los Angeles with that flawed roster, which wasn't his fault.  I mean Christ, he pitched Kershaw and Grienke in 4 of the 5 games last series!  He also made sure that Seager (most every day) was the starter and did so in a manner that didn't insult Jimmy Rollins like a bunch of other managers would have done.

I'm still not a fan of Mattingly, but he isn't as bad in 2015 as he was in 2014 or 2013, et al.

Its a fun town to visit, I'm not sure if I'd want to live there, since their economy is still struggling, but if you come in with some cash there is plenty of opportunity for $$$$ to be made.

And there is a shit ton of culture there (for free), along with a fantastic baseball experience.

Its a fun town to visit, I'm not sure if I'd want to live there, since their economy is still struggling, but if you come in with some cash there is plenty of opportunity for $$$$ to be made.

And there is a shit ton of culture there (for free), along with a fantastic baseball experience.

I currently live in Tallahassee so St. Louis looks like Miami in comparison.

Seriously, nothing new on the manager search?

Have they interviewed anyone else? Is Bowa still "in the lead"? Are they waiting for the Dodgers to decide on Mattingly?

WHAT GIVES!?!??!??

They interviewed Rick Renteria (this is out there). They are taking their time and that's likely partially due to the Mattingly possibility. Bowa is the leading contender at this minute.