Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

Guest Vince0926
I still can't believe DJ was let go entirely especially remembering how big he was in getting Stanton to sign. The dude. should have had a job for life here in one form or another.

I say this as a stanton fan (though i believe he is severely overrated) : you are correct. If the ownership has banked on stanton and jennings was an integral part of it, then yes he should have some job.

Money isn't everything when you're Giancarlo Stanton and there's a line of other teams willing to give you the same $300 million in some form or another. To specifically commit to this one team (a team with a dumpster fire history of management) there absolutely has to be other factors and DJ has been cited as a significant factor on several occasions.

Back to the subject at hand... Player sources saying Jose is a clubhouse problem. Andy Slater never said if these players were even current thus there's a reason to question who these players are. Notwithstanding Mat Latos' history in his short time here, no one has brought up Jeff Baker who was apparently abruptly released "for spreading negativity in the locker room." Is there a chance this is related to the Jose rumors? It wouldn't surprise me if the Marlins thought Jose was being poisoned by Baker and thus acted quick to try and save Jose before he turned to the dark side. 

Back to the subject at hand... Player sources saying Jose is a clubhouse problem. Andy Slater never said if these players were even current thus there's a reason to question who these players are. Notwithstanding Mat Latos' history in his short time here, no one has brought up Jeff Baker who was apparently abruptly released "for spreading negativity in the locker room." Is there a chance this is related to the Jose rumors? It wouldn't surprise me if the Marlins thought Jose was being poisoned by Baker and thus acted quick to try and save Jose before he turned to the dark side. 

My guess Slater probably heard something or other without anything concrete and is making a mountain out of a molehill for the simple reason as he's a radio guy (like Mish) and this is how they get paid. these guys also hate marlins FO so I'm sure they love that part as well. 

I mean there's a chance these accusations are true but there's also a chance they're not. I mean how can Jose be so "bipolar" with his personality? If he's a dick in the clubhouse why's he so happy on the field and in the dugout? He's not one of the quiet to himself guys and not just talking when he's being interviewed. The guy is always playful and happy in the dugout. How about how upset he gets when he gets pulled out of a close game and he's begging his manager to keep him in the game? Does that look like a guy who wants to leave us ASAP? And like I said above, we don't know the player sources specifically and that could change things. Lastly, why would this only be coming out now? There's just always such positive words about Jose it's startling to hear the opposite extreme suddenly come out. It's not like if u suddenly tell Mike Dunn is a mean guy, that guy shows no personality on TV so it wouldn't be out of left field as it is with Jose.

I mean there's a chance these accusations are true but there's also a chance they're not. I mean how can Jose be so "bipolar" with his personality? If he's a dick in the clubhouse why's he so happy on the field and in the dugout? He's not one of the quiet to himself guys and not just talking when he's being interviewed. The guy is always playful and happy in the dugout. How about how upset he gets when he gets pulled out of a close game and he's begging his manager to keep him in the game? Does that look like a guy who wants to leave us ASAP? And like I said above, we don't know the player sources specifically and that could change things. Lastly, why would this only be coming out now? There's just always such positive words about Jose it's startling to hear the opposite extreme suddenly come out. It's not like if u suddenly tell Mike Dunn is a mean guy, that guy shows no personality on TV so it wouldn't be out of left field as it is with Jose.

these are big egos and personalities so of course there might be some clashing, but I think the whole thing is a mountain out of a molehill situation by some opportunist radio fucks. But then again who ever really knows. This shit is right up Donnie baseball's ally either way

Money isn't everything when you're Giancarlo Stanton and there's a line of other teams willing to give you the same $300 million in some form or another. To specifically commit to this one team (a team with a dumpster fire history of management) there absolutely has to be other factors and DJ has been cited as a significant factor on several occasions.

So Loria was really stupid to fire DJ before he successfully convinced Jose to sign extension with us.

So basically this whole story is that last year's clubhouse was a disaster and Jose was unhappy about it...and he can be a jerk.  OK...so what?  Isn't this exactly why Mattingly is here?  Players can be difficult or unhappy, that doesn't mean they should be traded. I remember Sheffield publically calling Dombrowski a liar and then a few years later winning a World Series.  

Jose is good and cheap right now...If he's unhappy just deal with it and make it work. 

The whole story about Jose and Casey getting into a shouting match over Jose being late seems way too right. Jose's a bit arrogant and Casey an old school dick-ish player who believes in the "right" way of playing the game (think of him as the Brian McCann of this situation).

Guest Vince0926
I like Wesley Snipes in the new show "The Player" Too bad it is being canceled. 

Someone should cancel fernandez's big mouth. An apology to the fans would be ideal.