Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

Guest Vince0926
Nothing wrong with laughing and nothing wrong with making fun of him on this forum ( [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER] had a pretty solid joke up there). I just mean tweeting at him directly seems like a dick move. Glad that wasn't you.

Oh man I don't even know how to tweet but lol it's too damn funny 

As @Admin said earlier, don't assume this is all we do. I know he isn't Jose but I believe there is a Cueto deal coming. Remember this also. If the Jose trade happens it frees up cash they were budgeting for his possible extension. 

they were NEVER intending to sign him, even if people BELIEVE they made him an offer last year that was "supposedly" fair. This is a Boras client, and when they signed him, anyone with common sense knew he was never signing that extention - Boras clients never do that, and almost always go through full arbitration I believe. 

So you either believe Loria & Samson are that stupid, or they knew they would never sign him to a long-term.

I think the speed at which he raced through the organization threw them for a loop and they thought he might be in the Minors a year or two longer, and been used as a trading chip for, (sigh) younger prospects.

You know, it's "The Marlins Way" 

they were NEVER intending to sign him, even if people BELIEVE they made him an offer last year that was "supposedly" fair. This is a Boras client, and when they signed him, anyone with common sense knew he was never signing that extention - Boras clients never do that, and almost always go through full arbitration I believe. 

So you either believe Loria & Samson are that stupid, or they knew they would never sign him to a long-term.

I think the speed at which he raced through the organization threw them for a loop and they thought he might be in the Minors a year or two longer, and been used as a trading chip for, (sigh) younger prospects.

You know, it's "The Marlins Way" 

Ugghhhh

I'm a Marlins fan for more than just 2016 though and long-term, it makes no sense to not trade a guy for a large haul if you know you can't keep him in a few years anyway. 

No, what really makes no sense is to own a team, you either are to cheap to spend on a real payroll, or you can't afford to run it properly.

And blaming the public for not filling your new stadium, after 7 straight losing seasons, for your not being able to afford a real payroll is ludicrous and really galling. 

No wonder the other owners started grumbling this year when they had to cut Loria his welfare checks.

He brought that up too, that adding Ozuna (who we were likely gonna trade anyways) and then asking for just a bit more might make it work.

Well I've read a few places that Dodgers want to add a third team. Maybe Marlins want Joc urias Seager plus whoever and are willing to add ozuna but the dodgers don't like him, so they're trying to find a taker for ozuna who would flip players to the Dodgers. So Dodgers would get Jose and prospects from x team. X team gets ozuna. Marlins get mega haul.

I honestly believe that the way pitchers are getting paid and given joses youth and dominance and Scott boras they're going to be like 10 yrs 400 million please. So the Marlins would never go there. Yanks Cubs or Dodgers that might trade for him would pay something close to that and make it happen. All of this barring injury which is another reason to trade him. Pitchers are a lot scarier injury wise. 

Also lineup should start

gordon, yelich, Stanton, Joc... Or else we'd have 3 lefties to start. We'd also have a ton of lefties on this team. Seager and Bour also bat L. But Gordon hits everyone and yelich and Seager could get to that level also.