Jose Fernandez Rumor

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/marlins-discussing-jose-fernandez-with-dodgers-two-others-deal-still-unlikely.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

What the mother fucking shit is this fucking garbage??  WIshing for the day when we no longer have a fucking cheapskate owner and a circus of a FO.  Get a rich owner who can actually pay Jose to stay and then go get good pitchers on top of it.  Sorry it's late and I am just tired of this organization's fucking bullshit

there are no serious talks by #Marlins regarding Jose Fernandez. Teams like #Dodgers checking in. Miami will listen unlikely to trade

— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro)

2015년 12월 7일

Bottom line with Jose Fernandez, if a club is willing to make a serious overpay, #Marlins will listen. #WinterMeetings

— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro)

2015년 12월 7일

Go back to sleep, guys.

Like I said when he came out with his article,. Mish doesn't make shit up.  There is truth behind his statement whether you guys want to admit it or not

Teams asking for Fernandez doesn't mean he's being shopped.

That being said, they are "listening" now because of the recent contracts signed by SP. They know keeping Fernandez will be next to impossible in a couple years. If a team like LA would ship over 5 studs, its something they would at least listen to. It would have to include multiple young major league ready players. If LA offered a package including Seager, Joc and Urias you have to at least listen. Not selling they will.

I pointed out you would do this, say Mish was right. He wasn't though because when he said it, there was no talk at all.

Fernandez is extremely unlikely to be traded and the "listening" is only due to the recent absurd free-agent deals for SP where the fish feel a team may overpay in a trade for a player they know will be gone anyway in a couple years. The Dodgers are especially desperate after losing Greinke but I guess Mish foresee them losing him, right?

Teams asking for Fernandez doesn't mean he's being shopped.

That being said, they are "listening" now because of the recent contracts signed by SP. They know keeping Fernandez will be next to impossible in a couple years. If a team like LA would ship over 5 studs, its something they would at least listen to. It would have to include multiple young major league ready players.

I pointed out you would do this, say Mish was right. He wasn't though because when he said it, there was no talk at all.

Fernandez is extremely unlikely to be traded and the "listening" is only due to the recent absurd free-agent deals for SP where the fish feel a team may overpay in a trade for a player they know will be gone anyway in a couple years. The Dodgers are especially desperate after losing Greinke but I guess Mish foresee them losing him, right?

There was no talk according to your source.  Like I said when it happened and everyone denied, why wouldn't they deny it and why would they confirm what he said in any ways. There are so many reasons why it would be a nightmare to admit you are shopping him.  

For or you to continue to act like mish had no knowledge of anything is pretty ridiculous.  Your reasoning for last time was that he shouldn't be believed because no one else was running with the story.  They may not be shopping for him but he's no off limits by any means.  There is truth behind all of this. there are other credible people with knowledge within the organization who are confirming that Fernandez actions in front of the camera are not what they are when the camera is off.  Even

lebatard has said the Marlins are very concerned about Fernandez off field stuff just because of how different his life is gonna be considering he went from no freedom in Cuba to about to have all the money in the world in america

Hey Admin, if Craig Mish started a rumor that you had a huge dick... Do you think you'd finally start getting calls too? 

@fish14 might call me since he believes anything Mish says but that's about it. That rumor would be just as factual!

I guess how I explained the process in my previous reply was too "ridiculous" so believe what you want @fish14 *shrug*

With the way this organization spends money, they'll never be good with Jose Fernandez on the team anyway.

I'm kinda hoping he's traded if we're getting all 3 of Urias, Seager, and Joc. All 3 of them. 

Also, fuck Loria.

With the way this organization spends money, they'll never be good with Jose Fernandez on the team anyway.

I'm kinda hoping he's traded if we're getting all 3 of Urias, Seager, and Joc. All 3 of them

Also, fuck Loria.

That is a good deal. Although if we were to acquire Seager then either Prado or Hech would be a part of that deal. Does Seager play 3B or just SS and 2B?

don't know why we can give G 13/325,but can't give Jose something like 6/150?

Scott Boras is the reason.

He's gonna milk Jose for every penny he's worth and that's not even the Marlins' fault especially when you consider they offered him a fair extension last offseason.

I feel like if it ever happened the Marlins would need back, amongst the prospects, multiple major league ready starting pitchers because with Mattingly onboard this team IS NOT REBUILDING ANYMORE. They think they're closer to contending than not. You cannot trade Jose for "the future." If it ever got done it would have to be for a return that helps NOW as much as it helps the future.

I feel like if it ever happened the Marlins would need back, amongst the prospects, multiple major league ready starting pitchers because with Mattingly onboard this team IS NOT REBUILDING ANYMORE. They think they're closer to contending than not. You cannot trade Jose for "the future." If it ever got done it would have to be for a return that helps NOW as much as it helps the future.

A trade with the Dodgers would help us now.

Joc would slot in as our every day CF'er, Seager at 3B, and Urias is close to ready and projects to be an ace.

+ whatever spare players they'd get in the deal.

Getting Joc would also give the team a legit replacement/upgrade for Ozuna who we all know they really want to trade for a SP.

It'd make the team better, and it's honestly the only way to make the team better at this point because this organization is cheap.

I have a feeling he's going to be traded. Truth is this is why being a Marlins fan sucks. Rather than hearing news about the Marlins acquiring other players the winter meetings start with discussions about trading Fernandez. Also acquiring urias with Seager and either joc or van slyke does nothing to remedy the starting pitching issues the team has. 

As of right now, Tom Koehler is our #2 starter. 

There are no clear upgrades out there, and the farm system sucks so much that there's no real way of getting a #2 starter via trade. 

And that's just the #2 starter...the rest of the rotation sucks even more. 

It's fun to think about next year because it's what fans do, but, realistically, this team has no shot of competing next year with this rotation currently led by Jose Fernandez. 

Just trade him already. #lifeofamarlinsfan

Erick you're right but if the Marlins think they can compete next year what should they do? I think we absolutely need 2 major league starters. If the Marlins can trade Jose for 2 starters (along with a haul of others) and can acquire a middle rotation guy through other means, does this make us better for 2016?

@fish14 might call me since he believes anything Mish says but that's about it. That rumor would be just as factual!

I guess how I explained the process in my previous reply was too "ridiculous" so believe what you want @fish14 *shrug*

He literally has the same type of information as you.  One source.  Im not saying either one of you are right or wrong.  That will play itself out.  Im saying for you to act like he is making stuff up is stupid.  Everyone gets burned by a source if you have them and for you to take your sources word at 100% to me is not smart.  You can disagree if you want but that is my opinion.  If Jose was on the market, they would say the exact same thing as they would if he wasn't on the market.  It makes no sense for this franchise to say ya, he's available.  That would be a blow to fans if they don't trade him as well as their potential return if they do.  

David Samson says the same thing every time someone is on the block.  "He's not being shopped but we will take an offer that blows us away."  It is the most simple strategy to blow off this report. It is literally saying nothing.  Almost no player is ever available unless that team gets an offer that blows them away.  Why else would you make a trade?  You're not gonna make a deal to stay the same or get worse.  It literally is saying nothing.

Your contention when Mish came out with his story was that he had no information and that he was just spit balling because no one else had any information that he had.  Now more and more reports are coming out about him potentialy being involved in deals and his dealings with the team when he isn't in front of cameras.  I don't think they will end up trading him, but there is certainly smoke and when there is smoke there is fire.  I just wanted to end this with a cliche.

I love Jose and think he is one of the top 3 pitchers in baseball when he is healthy, but if you can get a deal like Seager, Urias, and Pederson as well as another starting pitching good prospect for Prado and Fernandez, you take it and run.  

As much as we would love to spend money as fans on 2-3 starters behind Jose and a replacement for Ozuna, we are not gonna do it, and without that we are not going to compete.  I am as big a marlins fan and homer as possible, but this team just doesnt compete with the playoff teams in the league.  On paper we can be good, of course, but this team never performs to its abilities on paper.  No team does.  The difference is the best teams in the league replace guys like Matt Holliday when they are injured with former first rounders and good backups while we replace them with Mathis and Solano.

Im all for trading Jose if we are convinced he will not sign here and we can get a haul like that.

8:11am: Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports tweets that the Marlins asked the Dodgers for both Julio Urias and Corey Seager in exchange for Fernandez, illustrating the fact that the Marlins aren’t shopping him but only looking to move him if they can receive an overwhelming return. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports asked one rival execwhat he thought the Dodgers would need to part with in order to acquire Fernandez, and the exec said Urias, Seager and Scott Van Slyke — an even more sizable haul.