Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

Erick you're right but if the Marlins think they can compete next year what should they do? I think we absolutely need 2 major league starters. If the Marlins can trade Jose for 2 starters (along with a haul of others) and can acquire a middle rotation guy through other means, does this make us better for 2016?

It might make you better, but even with Stanton & José all year, I doubt this club would have won 84-87 which is close enough to thinking about being a contender. Let's be reminded we finished 20 games under .500

None of this would be a problem if Loria would just increase payroll just a reasonable amount. Its like after 2012 he decided not spending a single penny more was the way to go. No one is asking him to spend like the Dodgers and Yankees but come on, you sign your star to a backloaded contract and you have your own ballpark in which you promised that both would lead to higher payrolls but still nothing? Shit man.

Your mistake was believing him...tsk tsk tsk.

you guys preach about how  we won't compete in 2016 yet we are talking about the best value for Jose. Wouldn't all of these guys be out of the Marlins price range by 2019 anyway? You might as well keep Jose then. Might as well not do any transactions since we won't compete any way right? 

Well hopefully the Grinch that stole baseball will have sold the team by then

"Guys, Jose is not for sale. Seriously. Please stop sending offers of your top prospects. I mean, it's nice and all and really enticing (especially that one...) but he's not on the market. He's mostly not on the market. He's pretty much off the market. Throw in cash considerations and he's yours"

This is bad. I don't even care about getting back everyone's best prospects. This just sends a bad message about everything. It just says we will never stop resetting ourselves.

If this happens it says fuck the ballpark and the Stanton contract and the restructuring of the front office and the hiring of Mattingly. Every single thing we've ever done that signaled forward progression was for shit. 

If this goes down it'd be real hard to defend this front office regardless of the return.

This is bad. I don't even care about getting back everyone's best prospects. This just sends a bad message about everything. It just says we will never stop resetting ourselves.

If this happens it says fuck the ballpark and the Stanton contract and the restructuring of the front office and the hiring of Mattingly. Every single thing we've ever done that signaled forward progression was for shit. 

If this goes down it'd be real hard to defend this front office regardless of the return.

It's not the front office's fault. They are forced to shop Jose with Loria's shallow pockets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.