Who should replace Tommy?

Admin

I like advanced metrics but I don't need an advanced metrics guy in the booth. Just show some knowledge of the nuanced aspects of the game and be articulate. Don't be boring. That's what Tommy Hutton was.

I would strongly prefer that the person has no existing Marlins ties. I don't care if it's a no-name.

• 1 month later...

### The Marlins and Fox -- who did not retain TV analyst Tommy Hutton -- are considering splitting the package among two or three analysts. Preston Wilson could get a partial package of games if that happens. The Marlins had strong interest in former UM and big-league player FP Santangelo for the job, but his Washington Nationals' TV contract prevented that from happening.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

I just wanted to leave this right here, I know [uSER=860]@el penguino[/uSER] will enjoy Preston Wilson in the booth. 

Said no one ever...

Isn't Santangelo the idiot on the Nats broadcasts who once called a Marlins game on national TV and made a total fool of himself? 

Shame that they let go of Tommy to begin with but even worse that they can't get their shit together on a replacement and we're gonna be stuck with a cycling crop of half ass former players bringing down the broadcast even more than it would have gone if they had at least brought in a competent replacement. Poor Rich.

what a shocker that they just went at it without a real plan of what they were going to do - that just makes Loria look even more like a child throwing a tantrum and getting what he wants because T-Hut dared to speak his mind.  I keep getting excited about baseball coming back and then I always end up realizing that Tommy won't be there  = (

Loria Loria Loria ---- >  "I'll finally get people to come to the stadium...I'll hire Preston to replace Tommy"

Ok so now we have a guy in the booth that can barely speak proper English and honestly has 1/20th the baseball knowledge as the fan favorite that got fired.