If we could add one more SP, who would you add?

SilverBullet

Who would you add?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you add?

• Doug Fister 
    • Cliff Lee 
    • Yovani Gallardo 
    • Aaron Harang 
    • Tim Lincecum 
    • Other 

Gallardo is going to demand top dollar now that he's the only SP left not coming off injury/bad year. Don't see the Marlins ponying up some money. Unless he's the "right guy to spend" as Loria mentioned weeks ago.

Pretty bummed they couldn't snag Fister, especially with that contract, @Admin was there an offer?

heres to hoping we either sign The Freak or Lee, with more emphasis on Lee, can never have too many lefties.

Guest Vince0926
Gallardo is the only impact guy left out there. Everyone else is a risk. 

Dropped the ball id say this offseason. I know the signing of Chen was good and everything. But the lasting post that i will remember somebody writing here was comparing Jose vs degrom, Chen vs Harvey, and KOEHLER vs. Thor. We have no number 3 and I'd say personally to salvage some form of credibility to the rotation then you should sign gallardo. The guy hits btw which can actually have a bearing on the outcome of a game I'd think. Gallardo hitting can't be worse than Mathis....so sign gallardo.

Guest Vince0926

If I'm a Phillies fan and I know we are facing our 3,4,5.

me: we are facing Koehler cosart and Conley. Guys...I think we may sweep this series.

and that my friends is what culture of losing is all about 

If I'm a Phillies fan and I know we are facing our 3,4,5.

me: we are facing Koehler cosart and Conley. Guys...I think we may sweep this series.

and that my friends is what culture of losing is all about 

That's actually just an opinion.  What if the Marlins win one of those or even two of those games? Does that change the culture of losing?

I would suggest that the culture of losing is all of the losing seasons that we've had and all of the consecutive last place finishes that we had prior to last season.  

That's actually just an opinion.  What if the Marlins win one of those or even two of those games? Does that change the culture of losing?

I would suggest that the culture of losing is all of the losing seasons that we've had and all of the consecutive last place finishes that we had prior to last season.  

Of course it's an opinion but it's one of those "opinions everyone has" that makes Vince says things like "culture of losing." Like, whenever the Marlins actually get a good player and people automatically say "Ah they'll trade him before the all star break anyways!" that's an opinion and is false and is just trash talking but the fact that it happens IS the culture of losing. Whenever Stanton hits a monster homer at Marlins Park and some clown on Twitter goes "too bad there were no fans there to see it" THAT'S the culture of losing.

Am I right Vince????

Guest Vince0926
Of course it's an opinion but it's one of those "opinions everyone has" that makes Vince says things like "culture of losing." Like, whenever the Marlins actually get a good player and people automatically say "Ah they'll trade him before the all star break anyways!" that's an opinion and is false and is just trash talking but the fact that it happens IS the culture of losing. Whenever Stanton hits a monster homer at Marlins Park and some clown on Twitter goes "too bad there were no fans there to see it" THAT'S the culture of losing.

Am I right Vince????

To a degree yes. Dennis you know I'm tough on this team. Remember the all star break and we opened at Philadelphia and I was really amped? This is why I named Philly as an example. A horrible team has a legit chance of taking a series or sweeping us based on how the cards fall in the rotation. Of course injuries count too. On paper if you feel that we should beat you or you should beat us then you should do it. There is no excuse why the Braves beat us at home 6 straight. And there is no excuse to lose series' to San Diego. We seem to only "hang" with the Rockies because every team is not scared to play them. I feel teams and their fans think we are highly beatable, lots more than others

Guest Vince0926

The whole idea of culture of losing changes when you win games you are supposed to lose and you win games that you are supposed to win with a statement. The lack of supports your point. Last place finishes, bad attendance, losing mentality, watching tv in October