If we could add one more SP, who would you add?

Who would you add?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you add?

• Doug Fister 
    • Cliff Lee 
    • Yovani Gallardo 
    • Aaron Harang 
    • Tim Lincecum 
    • Other 

Guest Vince0926
In the payroll of 80M,we are targeting for the third place in the division,not for the first place.

I happen to think payroll doesnt necessarily matter, but just talent. We dont have enough. I do think this. The marlins can be 87-89 wins with some sort of consistent offense and no injuries. Every starter hitting .275+ and starting 140 plus games could be huge.

If every starter plays 140+ games, they have a shot to make the playoffs.

This team probably won't make the playoffs, but the talent of the starters won't be the reason why. The team on the field is well above average in terms of talent.

It's just that when a couple get injured, there will be limited to no depth to replace them. Different year, same story.

I happen to think payroll doesnt necessarily matter, but just talent. We dont have enough. I do think this. The marlins can be 87-89 wins with some sort of consistent offense and no injuries. Every starter hitting .275+ and starting 140 plus games could be huge.

Because we have no growing enough talents to help us to compete right now,so spending on the FA seems to be the only way to be succeed.

Guest Vince0926

This team probably won't make the playoffs, but the talent of the starters won't be the reason why. The team on the field is well above average in terms of talent.

It's just that when a couple get injured, there will be limited to no depth to replace them. Different year, same story.

Excellent point. And yup that's why you need a bench. And that's why you need quality pitching just in case the offense has an off night. It's a bad circle that could have been fixed had we gotten a 2,3, and 4 starter. Cosart would have been my choice for the fifth spot. Koehler to bullpen where he can legit shut it down the first time through the order

This is so true. Which is why spending this year to complement the existing talent should have been a gamble to take. I mean, just for one example, imagine how different this team would look today if we had splurged on, say, Jordan Zimmermann to put between Jose and Chen. Huge difference right there.

Guest Vince0926

Will this guy Benedict have anything to do with the pitching this spring? Get Koehler hand and cosart going? Scratch that. I have no confidence in hand.

I agree 100%. We should just go out and trade w/ Cleveland for Carrasco no matter what it takes. Im really big on having good starting pitchers. Our offense in my book can be great this year. Everything goes hand in hand. Pitchers pitch good to great the offense comes along with confidence. We need pitching. Get it done!

The Miami Marlins are quietly building a strong team for 2016 -- and they might not be finished.

According to a report from Nick Cafardo at the Boston Globe, they could be interested in adding veteran starter Kyle Lohse:

"Lohse had a horrible season in Milwaukee (5-13, 5.85), but teams looking for a veteran to add to the back of their rotation will consider him in hopes of a bounce-back season. The Marlins, for one, are exploring that possibility."

Guest Vince0926
I agree 100%. We should just go out and trade w/ Cleveland for Carrasco no matter what it takes. Im really big on having good starting pitchers. Our offense in my book can be great this year. Everything goes hand in hand. Pitchers pitch good to great the offense comes along with confidence. We need pitching. Get it done!

Cant hate on this comment. Well except "hand in hand".

Trade Ozuna + other players to then replace him with Fowler?

I think we have torched this idea enough with trying to shop Ozuna, but selling this guy off right now just isn't the answer. Truth of the matter is the other teams want a bargain price on Ozuna. Probably only offering a 4th type of starter on him. Which would probably be replacement level, for that we can keep Cosart and Koehler in the rotation.

Maybe the Marlins were right to not go after Fister even after his MRI was concerning. Their plan right now is probably to do the wait and see approach and see if they can snatch up Lohse or see what Lincencum has left.

Guest Vince0926
I agree with

@squall though, this was the type of year to bump payroll up and make those signings, sadly Loria won't justify an increase until next year with the hype of the ASG. Next years class doesn't even look that good compared to this years. Better off waiting until 2018.

Depth is what kills us.

It's the owner that kills us.

The Miami Marlins are quietly building a strong team for 2016 -- and they might not be finished.

According to a report from Nick Cafardo at the Boston Globe, they could be interested in adding veteran starter Kyle Lohse:

"Lohse had a horrible season in Milwaukee (5-13, 5.85), but teams looking for a veteran to add to the back of their rotation will consider him in hopes of a bounce-back season. The Marlins, for one, are exploring that possibility."

Ew

why hate Lohse so much?last season was just his ONLY ONE bad season in the past five seasons,with no injury why wouldn't be a good LOW RISK with HIGH REWARD candidate?

He's fine on a minor league/minimum deal, but they need a # 2/3 starter and that isn't Lohse. He isn't high ceiling or anything different than Phelps or Edwin as the 5th SP.