If we could add one more SP, who would you add?

SilverBullet

Who would you add?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you add?

• Doug Fister 
    • Cliff Lee 
    • Yovani Gallardo 
    • Aaron Harang 
    • Tim Lincecum 
    • Other 

That is exactly why I am not getting the one with the patch for 2016 ST. Now when they come out with the 2017 hat with the All Star Patch, that I will be getting.

Yeah I can't stand getting things that are pigeonholed for one specific thing or event unless it's something major like commemorating the All Star Game or obviously a World Series Championship.

Another related thing that irks me but its part of merchandising business and won't stop happening... why do people buy Division and League Championship caps before the playoffs end?

If Royals fans bought 2015 ALCS Champs caps/shirts etc and someone sees that won't someone think the Royals were only the ALCS Champs in 2015 instead of being World Champs? Yes they won the ALCS but by buying and wearing that merchandise it makes it look like the Royals didn't get to win the World Series. It's stupid.

Another related thing that irks me but its part of merchandising business and won't stop happening... why do people buy Division and League Championship caps before the playoffs end?

In 1997 and 2003, I bought all the gear from each round but not until after the playoffs ended. More of a collectors thing again.

That's fair and for a reason but I hope you aren't walking around now wearing a cap advertising the Marlins as only winning the Division Series in 1997 for example.

Never wore anything but the WS stuff.

Those new hats are fugly. It's like wearing a fucking birthday cake on your head.

The funny thing is I never wear hats but I own many, what is wrong with me

LMAO I am dying at the birthday cake comment. I like them personally, I just don't think they match up well at all with those home whites.

They don't match up well with any of the jerseys, not even the blacks they are supposed to be paired with. The logo doesn't match with the logos on any of the jerseys. If they recolored the jersey logos and wordmarks to match the cap logo then they'd be on to something but until then its a complete mismatch.

Chris Lincecum told CSN Bay Area on Thursday that his son has received multiple offers from teams "sight unseen".

Admin,do we among them?

We have seen him so we aren't in that group but we do have an offer out to Lincecum.

I know he isn't the Lincecum of 5 or so years ago but I don't get how most if not all of you say we have no SP depth and then some of you don't want Lincecum.

Of course I'd rather have a better, higher priced, more reliable, true top of the rotation guy but that isn't happening for us.

So I'd take Lincecum because if he's healthy he improves our depth. He stops us from having to rely on Edwin Jackson as a starter, he allows Nicolino and Conley some more minor league time, he takes pressure off of both Koehler and Cosart, what's the problem?

He's a low risk, potentially high reward guy. Why be against that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.