If we could add one more SP, who would you add?

Who would you add?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you add?

• Doug Fister 
    • Cliff Lee 
    • Yovani Gallardo 
    • Aaron Harang 
    • Tim Lincecum 
    • Other 

As exciting as a cespedes signing would be. I rather keep ozuna through his arb years than have cespedes on a 6 year deal based on his age and inconsistency. 

This.

Keeping Ozuna over Cespedes could actually turn out to be our best "offseason move."

As exciting as a cespedes signing would be. I rather keep ozuna through his arb years than have cespedes on a 6 year deal based on his age and inconsistency. 

Would you rather an inconsistent Ozuna which we've already seen or an inconsistent Cespedes. A bat like him offers tons of protection for big G. The production of Cespedes vs a 3 starter is obviously night and day. This would be a total momentum shift in the division if Loria pulls this off. 

I see both perspective on ozuna. However, I'll say this...

The NL east is perhaps at its weakest point in a long ass time. 

You could take this opportunity and get a cespedes, which would make that lineup deeper and immediately contend. 

It all comes down to your philosophy of going big to contend or being content with the current product. 

I see both perspective on ozuna. However, I'll say this...

The NL east is perhaps at its weakest point in a long ass time. 

You could take this opportunity and get a cespedes, which would make that lineup deeper and immediately contend. 

It all comes down to your philosophy of going big to contend or being content with the current product. 

Good post but I think the Mattingly way is seeing what you have before changing it so I'd say they're leaning towards Ozuna staying. But you're very right.

The Tigers seem to be reckless with their money. Yes they could be very good but their owner is 85 years old and when he's gone in a few years he could be leaving the new owner in a pile of monetary shit. I'd be scared as a fan.

and How Old is Loria? as a fan I'm scared too

I like Cespedes but the price for acquiring him seems to be very high. 

Also, Ozuna does have upside and his value is so low right now that its questionable whether we can get any SP of value for him. So even if we want to contend now, we still have a huge hole in our rotation that trading Ozuna does not seem to be the way to fix it.

So unless we sign Cespedes and Gallardo AND either keep Ozuna as a 4th OFer (which would certainly not be something Ozuna would be happy about) or trade him for prospects, I really don't see how signing just Cespedes would really make us a legit contender. 

If we ended up signing him as a fan I would think its awesome, but thinking pragmatically, I don't really see it as a solution short or long term. 

Yelich is definitely good & he'll get better. But everyone else knows that too & we won't be able to extend him. He gets a #2 starter for sure & maybe ++. You go into the season with a team that can legitimately compete. If you sign Cespedes 

Yelich is definitely good & he'll get better. But everyone else knows that too & we won't be able to extend him. He gets a #2 starter for sure & maybe ++. You go into the season with a team that can legitimately compete. If you sign Cespedes 

We already extended him!