If we could add one more SP, who would you add?

Who would you add?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you add?

• Doug Fister 
    • Cliff Lee 
    • Yovani Gallardo 
    • Aaron Harang 
    • Tim Lincecum 
    • Other 

Guest Vince0926
Still thinking Fister signs for less than asking. 

And is there any decent lefty relievers available? Please not another season of Dunn/Hand. Or is Ege the solution?

I say fister goes to nationals perhaps again, at a much cheaper rate. I dont honestly see him here, but that 2/22 is mind boggling.

I say fister goes to nationals perhaps again, at a much cheaper rate. I dont honestly see him here, but that 2/22 is mind boggling.

i say he drops to 2/15, he's guaranteed to start in the rotation, not so much in WAS, but you're probably right, cash above role.

I am to be curious one thing for a long time,it's why people here always to make fun of Justin Twine,I know he was really suck as a 2nd round pick,but like everybody said we have a terrible farm system that full of suck prospects,but why we always chosed this guy when need somebody to make fun of was really confused me,I believed really would have a reason that I don't know about.

I am to be curious one thing for a long time,it's why people here always to make fun of Justin Twine,I know he was really suck as a 2nd round pick,but like everybody said we have a terrible farm system that full of suck prospects,but why we always chosed this guy when need somebody to make fun of was really confused me,I believed really would have a reason that I don't know about.

We're actually not making fun of him. He's just the name we use when we want to pretend a player is worth more than he is. It just became a running joke as if to say he's our franchise player even above Stanton Jose and Dee. It really has nothing to do with him personally.

You gotta see the Tommy Hutton rant video on Youtube to get the joke. That cracks me up every single time.

He will be missed :(

I have no interest in any of these free agent starters. They all suck. 

Just go with Fernandez, Chen, Koehler, and let the rest battle for the 4/5 spots in Spring Training. None of these guys being talked about as potential free agent signings present clear upgrades. 

If they're going to sign a pitcher at this point, it should be to upgrade the bullpen depth. 

Scratch Fister off the list.  Signed with Houston to a 1 year deal.  $7 million, but could be up to $12 with bonuses.

Now it'll be Lincecum most likely (if he's interested) unless he is a wreck at his showcase

That would be $11 million a year.  I don't think that's a lot of money considering all of the contracts that were signed by starting pitchers this off season.  Mediocre pitchers (#4 or #5 starters) are going for around $10 - $11 million.  

Guest Vince0926
We couldn't get Fister for that price? Oh well.

Still need another.

Why in the world is Lincecum's showcase happening so close to spring training?

Cause warm. Weather. Rocks. Warm. Weather. Rocks. Warm. Weather. Rocks.

Only guy that is still available that I think could have a positive impact is Lee but I wouldn't care if we didn't get him. Run Jose, Chen, Koehler, Cosart, Conley/Nicolino and see what we have. Jose will be great, Chen will be good, Koehler will be servicable, and you have to hope one of Cosart, Conley, Nicolino develop into something good. Sit back for the first 2 months of the season and then reevaluate the staff.