Go Scoop!

Admin

Because of the Marlins history of trading away quality players, a lot of people in media just assume that the Marlins are always going to trade their best guys to some big market team usually the one they like or that they cover. 

The Marlins may still end up trading Fernandez but it seemed unlikely with 3 arb years remaining and anyone who knows baseball should have at least used that as a caveat. 

What kills me about the media saying we trade away our players, we've had 2 or 3 times that we've made major trades to purge the roster plus add in the Miguel Cabrera trade.... It's pretty much happened four fuckin times. Granted the first one was a stinger since it was weeks after our first championship, still it just happened four times ever. 

Countless other teams do this and possibly even more than us and yet when someone signs with Oakland or a similar team you don't have a shit load of people immediately answering with "ah they'll trade him before the break!" 

With the Marlins it's just a cheap punchline even when it doesn't fit.

Guys. We have earned this reputation.

I just explained how we don't deserve this reputation. 

Every single fuckin time anyone joins the Marlins, from a top free agent to an offseason waiver claim, people automatically joke with "they'll trade him away" even when it's unwarranted and when it makes no sense. 

I get what we've done in the past but it's a stupid joke that's been beaten to death and I myself don't think we've earned that or deserve it.

Every single fuckin time anyone joins the Marlins, from a top free agent to an offseason waiver claim, people automatically joke with "they'll trade him away" even when it's unwarranted and when it makes no sense. 

I get what we've done in the past but it's a stupid joke that's been beaten to death and I myself don't think we've earned that or deserve it.

It's all up to Loria to change this.

Carlos Delgado - traded

Mark Buerhle - traded

Jose Reyes - traded

Heath Bell - traded

Mat Latos - traded

Michael Morse - traded

I don't like the reputation either....but nearly every notable free agent we've signed in past 10 years ends up traded. This doesn't even account for the trades of Cabrera, HanRam, Anibal, Uggla, etc.

Carlos Delgado - traded

Mark Buerhle - traded

Jose Reyes - traded

Heath Bell - traded

Mat Latos - traded

Michael Morse - traded

I don't like the reputation either....but nearly every notable free agent we've signed in past 10 years ends up traded. This doesn't even account for the trades of Cabrera, HanRam, Anibal, Uggla, etc.

To be fair, the Bell, Latos, and Morse trades were more so those players wouldn't have to be outright released. Bad FA signings in the first place, but the team had to get rid of them when (or ideally before) they did.

Mish is a fucking moron. When we signed Chen he was like maybe we should trade Prado now that we have Johnson. 

When I was like what the fuck are you saying he responded that Prado makes $11 million and Chen makes $10 million. When I informed him the Yankees are paying $3 million of Prado's salary and Chen is making only $6 million (though with $8 million signing bonus).......silence. 

Carlos Delgado - traded

Mark Buerhle - traded

Jose Reyes - traded

Heath Bell - traded

Mat Latos - traded

Michael Morse - traded

I never said we hadn't gotten rid of those guys. I'm saying we do what many other teams do and we're the one team that gets shit for it by default.

If we're just listing players we've traded away, I could do that for all 30 teams. 

Every team at one point or another gets rid of players that don't pan out.

Billy Beane probably gets rid of players more the Marlins do yet whenever someone signs with Oakland you don't see the media and fans blowing up with "Ahh Beane will trade him before the weekend gets here!" 

I have nothing against Fisaro, Mish, or Slater.  I'm just confused why Mish and Slater are so adamant that they were/are right about this and everyone else is wrong despite all evidence out there to the contrary.

I believe that they were just reporting what they were told (Mish and Slater were obviously talking to the same person)...that doesn't mean their source was right.  With the amount of turnover this offseason in the front office, isn't it entirely possible that those sources just aren't as connected as they used to be?

That said, I also believe that the Marlins were listening to offers for Jose.  That doesn't mean they were ever close to trading him.  So perhaps they were part right, but I just don't get why this is so personal for those two.  

That said, I also believe that the Marlins were listening to offers for Jose.  That doesn't mean they were ever close to trading him.  So perhaps they were part right, but I just don't get why this is so personal for those two.  

The Marlins were never shopping Jose and that's how they phrased it. They listened because hey, if a team wants to send the roster for them -- go right ahead. They were wrong and in hunt of ratings. It worked, they tricked many people. They don't want to admit they made things up for ratings so they are sticking to their BS.

It crazy how biased some of you are based on who you want to believe.  I have no idea what is right in this situation, but for all of you guys to praise Frisaro simply because you like the message he is relaying when all that is talked about on here is how bad is he at is job is laughable.  You guys really think Mish and Slater would just make stuff up?  They clearly have inside sources in the organization as Slater was even reporting stuff that went on in the locker room that was later confirmed.  Again, no idea who is right, the answer is probably somewhere in the middle.  The marlins were probably more OK with trading Jose than they let on and they also probably weren't 100% committed to trading him.  But the sudden praise for Frisaro and his sources is downright laughable.

The Marlins were never shopping Jose and that's how they phrased it. They listened because hey, if a team wants to send the roster for them -- go right ahead. They were wrong and in hunt of ratings. It worked, they tricked many people. They don't want to admit they made things up for ratings so they are sticking to their BS.

I don't think they were merely making it up.  Somebody must have told them the info.  I just think they either were given wrong (or at least partial) info and they ran with it.  Either way, they seem to be taking it very personally that the info didn't pan out...which is just odd.

It crazy how biased some of you are based on who you want to believe.  I have no idea what is right in this situation, but for all of you guys to praise Frisaro simply because you like the message he is relaying when all that is talked about on here is how bad is he at is job is laughable.  You guys really think Mish and Slater would just make stuff up?  They clearly have inside sources in the organization as Slater was even reporting stuff that went on in the locker room that was later confirmed.  Again, no idea who is right, the answer is probably somewhere in the middle.  The marlins were probably more OK with trading Jose than they let on and they also probably weren't 100% committed to trading him.  But the sudden praise for Frisaro and his sources is downright laughable.

You are the prime example of why people like Mish/Slater do this. You would believe any anti-Marlin thing that is said and they know there are people out there like you.

The Marlins were never shopping Jose and that's what they said was happening. There's a difference between being open to ridiculous offers when other teams call and shopping a guy.

I guess every woman I've tried for (and struck out with) was shopping herself when I tried. Cause you know if someone wants something, it means the other party is shopping it. That's your logic, right?

I don't think they were merely making it up.  Somebody must have told them the info.  I just think they either were given wrong (or at least partial) info and they ran with it.  Either way, they seem to be taking it very personally that the info didn't pan out...which is just odd.

Sure, I can buy they got bad "intel" but the fact they ran with it with such certainty and continue to defend it makes them hacks IMO. The onus is on them to only report information from reputable sources. To just put anything like this out there without confirming its actually true is amateur at best.

Yes.  Gotta get ratings and the gullible Marlin fans will eat it all up.

In my gut I think either Latos or Jeff Baker were the source for mish and Slater... So even then their sources could be half bullshit because who knows how much venom those two clowns were spewing because of their disgust for what went on here. Just because they have a source doesn't even mean the sources are telling the truth.

It's even possible that Mish and Slater were saying exactly what they heard without twisting it any further, but who knows how twisted the story was given to them from the beginning?