Uncle Leo

Trades - We Be Sellin'

I hope they "buy" for a more immediate return. Package some shit together and hope for a major league bat for 2016 as opposed to getting some prospects aiming for a couple years down the line.

Trading Latos would be a mistake.  We have no K pitchers, all of our guys except for Jose pitch to contact.  Latos has been better of late and can come cheaper than he would have at the beginning of the year.  You have to open up the checkbook, but knowing Loria we won't and we will roll with prospects.  On top of simply needing to pay him, we gave up like 3 good prospects to get the guy.

Haren, Koehler, and Hand along with Prado, Dunn and possibly cishek are the ones that need to go.

I like Koehler as a #5 really, but whatever

He would be a good 7/8 inning guy too.  We just have too many 4/5/bullpen guys.

Give them Haren for Guerrero (to play 3rd)

The problem with Koehler is his home/away splits are so utterly dramatic so he's actually pretty useless as a 5 in that context. 

Ramos is just about the only real asset we have that we can trade. I'd look for a young, controllable 1B or 3B for him. If the offer isn't awesome, hold on to him. 

However, we can't keep ignoring the fact that the lineup needs a lot of work.

Ramos is just about the only real asset we have that we can trade. I'd look for a young, controllable 1B or 3B for him. If the offer isn't awesome, hold on to him. 

However, we can't keep ignoring the fact that the lineup needs a lot of work.

I'd have to imagine we could get an arm and a leg for Capps right now

I wouldn't trade Ramos or Capps but I imagine they'd both bring in a nice overpay. As for Latos and Haren I'm gonna guess we trade one but not both.

Give them Haren for Guerrero (to play 3rd)

The problem with Koehler is his home/away splits are so utterly dramatic so he's actually pretty useless as a 5 in that context. 

Ive been an advocate for trying to get Guerrero since Olivo bit his ear off.  He has an incredible bat and they have an overflow of talent in their lineup.

I wouldn't trade Ramos or Capps but I imagine they'd both bring in a nice overpay. As for Latos and Haren I'm gonna guess we trade one but not both.

Id be perfectly fine with trading Ramos if we can somehow find someone to give us a top hitting prospect.  Not sure how likely that is.  I wouldn't let Capps go anywhere.  His delivery is completely unfair and the fact that it is legal means we need to keep him for quite a while in our bullpen.