Uncle Leo

Trades - We Be Sellin'

I'd have to imagine we could get an arm and a leg for Capps right now

You're right. I forgot about Capps. That's another arm I'd trade. Who knows how long that delivery stays legal, and he could fetch us a pretty nice hitting prospect

Good analysis would read again.

I'm not going into this again. I've posted Cishek's recent stats and he's not giving up runs anymore. I don't even care if he's on the team or not next year I just hate reading everybody trash Cishek like he's the worst reliever ever this year. It's annoying to read like he didn't bring great value for us the last 4+ years.

His WHIP this month is at 1.6 and it's been his best month of the year. Is that analysis good enough for you? Judging a reliever based on his ERA is not a good idea. Plus, he's pitched, what? 6 innings this month? So, 6 innings of 1.6 WHIP = turning it around?

Cishek in just June

5.2 IP, 1 ER, 5K's, 7 hits, 2 BB's. (1 intentional )

That's pretty bad. And they aren't even in critical situations. He also inherited 7 runners and allowed 3 of them to score and allowed 2 stolen bases. 

He's pitching better but only because he was utter shit before. Now he's mediocre at best. We're paying 6.65M for a -4 RAR player. 

Him and Morse fucked us big time. 

We should trade Latos and Haren. If we want Latos sign him again next year when he's a FA. If we don't show him the money won't matter if we trade him or not. 

And we should keep Capps and Ramos. Finally found a solid 8-9 inning combo, wouldn't want to trade that away. Keep them while they're cheap for a couple years and then trade them away, not now. 

We should trade Latos and Haren. If we want Latos sign him again next year when he's a FA. If we don't show him the money won't matter if we trade him or not. 

And we should keep Capps and Ramos. Finally found a solid 8-9 inning combo, wouldn't want to trade that away. Keep them while they're cheap for a couple years and then trade them away, not now. 

Couldnt agree more. 

Him and Morse fucked us big time. 

Our top 5 paid players and their rWAR and WPA

1) Latos, 9.4m, -1.1 WAR, -1.27 WPA

2) Prado, 8m, 0.8 WAR, -0.14 WPA

3) Morse, 7.5m, -0.7 WAR, -1.02 WPA

4) Salty, 7m, -0.3 WAR, -0.67 WPA

5) Cishek, 6.7m, -0.7 WAR, -2.63 WPA

Four of our top five paid players combined for -2.8 WAR. Going by WPA, they've costed us 5.6 wins. While making up a combined 44% of our payroll. If they performed as they were suppose to, that's about a 6-10 win swing.

jesus.   that is bananas right there.

Loria finally goes out & spends a little and they all bomb.  He's going to retreat back into his shell again.

To be fair, I never understood the reasoning for trading for Mat Latos to begin with.

It wasn't out of the imagination that DeSlcafani would be more valuable both this season and going forward and he had versatility as well, being able to pitch either in the rotation or in long relief. Just a dumb move.

Anything we get from the Yankees or Red Sox will be garbage...

Perennial playoff contenders don't have great farms...the have great PR. If there was anything of value on these teams...they would be playing in the major. 

...this won't end well.