The God Thread

Das Texan

" His infinite perfections with a knowledge and love analogous to God's "

If God is not infinitely greater than man, God is finite. God should not be analogous to us.

Furthermore, at what point is something rational or not? Your pet cat? How about your pet bunny or snake? Only man? I find it illogical.

God cannot be analogous to man while retaining certain characertistics necessary for being "perfect" and if man must go somewhere perfect, she or he must be perfect, leaving no individuality and no difference. This is impossbile, our very being would cease to exist.

And as a note, I read that whole thing, and it proves itself by relying on dogma as what it says is logically factual. This cannot be true. It even makes the absurd claim that it is almost impossible to not believe in heaven. Heaven requires faith alone and so its chance of existence is very slim. Furthermore, because man is incompatible with that conception of heaven and God would have to be as well, the entire idea is irrational.

I find it rather simple.

What? Ok, you're confusing me.

They're trying to say that man can think rationally and reason. A dog or a snake can't. A dog can't do math, right?

Pigs are pretty smart!

So are humans the only rational creature? What if aliens exist? Are they more rational than us? Could they only go to heaven then? How about the fact that human anture is contrary to what is necessary for heaven to even exist?

HEaven is incompatibile with human nature and if imperfectc reatures can be compattible in it (the analogy argument) then Go and heaven are finite and not truly perfect, thus their powers/greatness can be very small.

They're trying to say that man can think rationally and reason. A dog or a snake can't. A dog can't do math, right?

Pigs are pretty smart!

So are humans the only rational creature? What if aliens exist? Are they more rational than us? Could they only go to heaven then? How about the fact that human anture is contrary to what is necessary for heaven to even exist?

HEaven is incompatibile with human nature and if imperfectc reatures can be compattible in it (the analogy argument) then Go and heaven are finite and not truly perfect, thus their powers/greatness can be very small. Dude, you're asking me these questions that no human being can answer. I don't know if humans are the only ones who can go to Heaven. I don't know if aliens exist (even though I think it's possible).

Pigs are pretty smart!

HEaven is incompatibile with human nature and if imperfectc reatures can be compattible in it (the analogy argument) then Go and heaven are finite and not truly perfect, thus their powers/greatness can be very small. Dude, you're asking me these questions that no human being can answer. I don't know if humans are the only ones who can go to Heaven. I don't know if aliens exist (even though I think it's possible). however your assumptions concerning heaven, it being perfect and all good, would be incompatible with human nature, thus for us to take part in it would be impossible.

Wel, honestly, I can't tell you how Heaven is. I can tell you this though, I know some people who have "gone to the other side" if you know what I mean. They say that they didn't want to leave and that they saw their family members. That's not just one person, but a few. I guess we'll never know until we experience it ourselves.

Wel, honestly, I can't tell you how Heaven is. I can tell you this though, I know some people who have "gone to the other side" if you know what I mean. They say that they didn't want to leave and that they saw their family members. That's not just one person, but a few. I guess we'll never know until we experience it ourselves.

My dad "went to the other side" after he was considered dead because he was stung by a bee and he's allergic. He didn't see any people, he said he felt that he saw God and it was one of those tunnel vision things. However, how do we not know that such a phenomena is just the brain releasing chemicals? So here's one whitness opposed to your whitnesses. Who's right? I don't know. All I know is that the very concept of heaven, it being all good, is incompatible with man.

Yeah, we won't know until we die. I hope there's such a place, that would be nice. Hopefully the afterlife doesn't suck, that could happen too.

What your father saw is similar to what I have heard.

Yes, it is a repeatable event, I think its dubbed "tunnel-vision".

However, I have heard that such a phenomena is created by chemicals released by your brain when you die. If this can be proven, it solves the problem. 100%? No. I'm agnostic, nothing is 100%. However, the concept of heaven being 100% and we retain our-selves (our personalities are incompatible) cannot be possible unless God can break the law of contradiction, and that's means for an entirely seperate debate.

I sicnerely hope there is a heaven and a God, it would make things more meaningful. However, what I hoep for does not make anything true.

• 2 years later...