You like to say literally but being that you're incorrect on multiple points, its literally the wrong term.

Keep believing your sources are any better or more knowledgeable than anybody else.  You have no proof of your sources being anymore knowledgeable than Mish's or anyone else reporting they were in talks for Jose.  Keep believing that bullshit cliche of "we have to take the call" and "we would have to be blown away."  No shit, thats common fucking sense.  Nobody trades a star player to not get better as a team. 

How many people have to report that they were talking with teams about Jose before you give them any credence?  

How gullible do you have to be to believe that this franchise of all franchises wasn't interested at all in trading a boras client set to make 30 million or more in free agency in 2 years?  Theres not even anything wrong with that I have no problem with them shopping him.  Keep believing your source though, you're definitely more tapped in and informed than every other reporter out there.

It may be a surprise to you @fish14 but teams don't get everyone under contract that they try for. Occasionally they try to sign a guy or trade for a guy and he winds up elsewhere.

Ya and I'm sure that its just a coincidence that its happened 5 consecutive years. 

Yeah I'm the gullible one.

lol ya you are.  How many different people reported that this offseason?  How sketchy and cheap does this franchise have to be before you realize they don't give a shit if they tell the public the truth.

Use common sense:  WERE NOT RE-SIGNING JOSE.  He's a Boras client.  He's set to make 30 mil in 2 years for someone other than us.  WHY WOULD WE NOT LOOK AT DEALS FOR HIM?  But keep believing your source who has no need to ever tell you anything but the truth.  Good thing you're such a top notch journalist that you've done the impossible: find a source that doesnt have an agenda and will only tell you the complete truth.

Guest Guest

I don't know what's so hard to understand. Any report mentioning them shopping him came from the same original source. Use common sense, if the Marlins asked for such a haul that other teams walked away immediately, that is not the same as shopping a guy. Calling that shopping a guy is like saying Alison Brie is shopping herself to me because I want her.

And I never said they plan to re-sign him, but that doesn't imply they are shopping him or were shopping him yet. Maybe in the future they will, who knows?

And don't put words in my mouth again, I never claimed to be some top-notch journalist. I'm a piss-poor Admin of a fansite. You on the other hand are appearing more and more to be an ignorant troll.

I don't know what's so hard to understand. Any report mentioning them shopping him came from the same original source. Use common sense, if the Marlins asked for such a haul that other teams walked away immediately, that is not the same as shopping as guy. And I never said they plan to re-sign him, but that doesn't imply they are shopping him or were shopping him yet. Maybe in the future they will, who knows?

And don't put words in my mouth again, I never claimed to be some top-notch journalist. I'm a piss-poor Admin of a fansite.

It didn't come from the same original source.  Mish initially reported it and people did pick up on that but there were various other reports all offseason that would lead you to believe the marlins would have traded him if someone met their asking price and the marlins wouldn't have minded. 

Bryce Harper and a bunch of other studs are free agents in 2 years and have rubbed people the wrong way, how come no reports on them needing a kings ransom?

Guest Guest
Bryce Harper and a bunch of other studs are free agents in 2 years and have rubbed people the wrong way, how come no reports on them needing a kings ransom?

Because teams haven't called asking for them I guess? I don't get your point.

Guest Guest
How many times does this organization and same ownership group have to lie to fans to just completely disregard their public comments?

This is your main issue, you believe anything that is reported based on history. Its ignorant and gullible to do that.

Because teams haven't called asking for them I guess? I don't get your point.

So teams only call the Marlins asking for their studs and only the Marlins "judge the trade value" on their stars?  

Its really not even a big deal, the Marlins would have been stupid to not at least see what they could have gotten for Jose.

Guest Guest
So teams only call the Marlins asking for their studs and only the Marlins "judge the trade value" on their stars?  

Its really not even a big deal, the Marlins would have been stupid to not at least see what they could have gotten for Jose.

That's not shopping a guy, to pick up the phone when another team calls and asks what will it take and you in return ask for a LARGE haul and yes they asked for a LARGE haul. I can't understand how you don't understand this.

This is your main issue, you believe anything that is reported based on history. Its ignorant and gullible to do that.

History is a pretty damn good determinant of the future, especially for this franchise.  Its ignorant and gullible to continue to believe anything this front office tells you.  They've lied about just about everything they've ever done.

That's not shopping a guy, to pick up the phone when another team calls and asks what will it take and you in return ask for a LARGE haul and yes they asked for a LARGE haul. I can't understand how you don't understand this.

THAT IS SHOPPING A GUY.  If you have no intention of trading a guy you don't give specific names of guys you want to multiple teams.  Again, why no reports of specific people being asked for by the Angels or Nats in a Trout or Harper deal?

Guest Guest
THAT IS SHOPPING A GUY.  If you have no intention of trading a guy you don't give specific names of guys you want to multiple teams.  Again, why no reports of specific people being asked for by the Angels or Nats in a Trout or Harper deal?

You are not just ignorant. You're something else. 

You are not just ignorant. You're something else. 

lol in what world is that not shopping a guy? What you're saying is its not considered shopping just because they didn't make the calls.  Yet they still had enough talks to exchange which guys they want from both the Dodgers and the D'Backs?  They weren't actively trying to trade him, but that does not = not shopping him.

Guest Guest

Ok, its pointless trying to explain this simple thing to you. I think my wall listens/understands better. Keep living in your own world with your own definitions and the rest of us will live in the real world.

Ok, its pointless trying to explain this simple thing to you. I think my wall listens/understands better. Keep living in your own world with your own definitions and the rest of us will live in the real world.

Ya, cause im the only one set in my ways here.

Yes, you are.

Lol, ok.  Keep believing David Samson and your source over other people who have no incentive to report things they are hearing.  You honestly just think the marlins only took calls and had no interest in trading Jose?  Lol, if you're gonna believe anyone, you gotta believe the marlins front office and ownership, they are upstanding guys and would never knowingly lie to the public.

Guest Guest
Lol, ok.  Keep believing David Samson and your source over other people who have no incentive to report things they are hearing.

They have an incentive, its called ratings from the gullible public like you. I don't care what Samson or any source said. I am just using basic English. If Team A calls the Marlins asking for a guy and the Marlins say only if you EXTREMELY overpay, that's not shopping a guy. You need to figure out what the definition of "shopping" is.

They have an incentive, its called ratings from the gullible public like you. I don't care what Samson or any source said. I am just using basic English. If Team A calls the Marlins asking for a guy and the Marlins say only if you EXTREMELY overpay, that's not shopping a guy. You need to figure out what the definition of "shopping" is.

Extremely overpay is what anyone ever says about trading anyone.  What team has ever made a trade and said "we think we've really stayed the same with this move."  Extremely overpaying for Jose is offering what he is worth.  He is a phenom with 3 years before free agency, why wouldn't they ask for a shit ton?  

Please let me know when you hear of reports of the Nats exchanging names in offers for Harper or the Orioles with Machado.  Please do.  

And considering you're a grown up running an online baseball message board and I'm a law school student working full time in Real estate who graduated from FSU with a double major in Finance and Real estate last year you probably shouldn't be acting as if you're some sort of genius.