WQAM in the Mornings...

CapeFish

It has been hinted by some of my sources that Cro (Talking Hardball with Cro show last season) could be making a return to WQAM and that he could be joining the morning show if Joe Rose is kept in the 8-10 am slot for good.

More to come as the saga of W-Puke-AM's bad non-play-by-play ratings continue.

It has been hinted by some of my sources that Cro (Talking Hardball with Cro show last season) could be making a return to WQAM and that he could be joining the morning show if Joe Rose is kept in the 8-10 am slot for good.

More to come as the saga of W-Puke-AM's bad non-play-by-play ratings continue.

hmm, I can't imagine Cro talking about the Dolphins all morning.

That's what those two guys do 90% of the time at this moment.

Mad Dog even talked about it on Today's show noting that Cro was in the building and even said that he could possibly be on the morning show.

Maybe WQAM is trying to do something right and talk about all three sports that they have pro rights for?

Howard with football, Goldie with hockey, and Cro with baseball?

They all are pretty knowledgable about all three sports and that would help balance the morning for WQAM.

neil is boring to me, all he does is call people douchebags and make noises and corny jokes on people. WQAM should aim higher, but when will they ever be credible again?

I miss the old WQAM. Music and Marlins, those were the days.

i cant really relate cause i started listenin to qam just last year. as far as neil goes, if i wanna listen to jokes and noises ill put on howard stern cause at least he has some a-list celebs and is actually funny.

why won't they give him Neil's slot? Because Neil gets the highest ratings on the station, that's why.

I like the fact that Crow talks baseball, the station could always use more baseball-intensive people, but I just don't think much of Crow as a talk show host. And Howard David's personality is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

They should throw Boog, Goldie, and Joe Rose together. You've got everything. Football, hockey, baseball, college, heck Joe Rose even covers high school football (not that anyone wants to talk about it on the radio...)

What do you guys think of the afternoon drive guy on 940, Jorge Sedano? I'm starting to like him more and more as a remedy to Hank Goldberg disease.

I like Sedano's show. I listen in every day on the bus ride home from work. Haven't listened to Hank in a dawg's age.

I can do without Howard David-d-d in the mornings. There's not really any good sports show in the mornings since the Morning Bullpen went off the air a week ago. Hopefully the new morning show on 940 (Dan Sileo) will be good.

Neil's ratings are only good for demographics, but total listenership which is what I look for in the Marlins contract since we don't share revenue with the rights holders is lacking for the Neli Rogers Show.

What does it matter to the team who listening, just that someone is. Now if the Marlins brought rights in house they would have to worry more about demos, but WIOD would be better for the Marlins than WQAM because they have 3 times as many listeners which means there is 3 times more people listening to something on WIOD than on WQAM on average throughout the day. WRFX (940) is WIOD's sports station and would be a good home as long as the get us an excellent network and cross promotion on WIOD, Y-100, 103.5 the Beat, Big 106 and all the other CC stations.

Just look at the Miami Heat Radio deal.

Now here are the ratings for the two stations, WIOD and WQAM in the Miami market. Palm Beach ratings add up and that gives WIOD the auidence 3 times bigger than WQAM.

Station: WIOD-AM

Format: News/Talk

Owner: Clear Channel

Su 2002: 3.1

Fa 2002 3.3

Wi 2003 3.7

Sp 2003 3.4

Su 2003 3.4

Fa'03 -P1 3.3

Station: WQAM-AM

Format: Sports

Owner: Beasley

Su 2002: 2.5

Fa 2002 2.7

Wi 2003 2.2

Sp 2003 2.1

Su 2003 2.8

Fa'03 -P1 2.9

Now here are the ratings for the two stations, WIOD and WQAM in the Miami market. Palm Beach ratings add up and that gives WIOD the auidence 3 times bigger than WQAM.

Station: WIOD-AM

Format: News/Talk

Su 2002: 3.1

Fa 2002 3.3

Wi 2003 3.7

Sp 2003 3.4

Su 2003 3.4

Fa'03 -P1 3.3

Fa 2002 2.7

Wi 2003 2.2

Sp 2003 2.1

Su 2003 2.8

Fa'03 -P1 2.9

Well one is the Newsradio and the other sports talk.Not a very fair comparison but how about the rating comparison between foxsports radio compared to WQAM.

Minus, most likely the Marlins would demand WIOD because of the signal and name recognition. The idea is to get off sportstalk and get mainstream, but here is your request.

Fa 2002 2.7

Wi 2003 2.2

Sp 2003 2.1

Su 2003 2.8

Fa'03 -P1 2.9

Switched to Sportsradio fulltime in 1996, had been partially sportsradio with Marlins, Panthers, and Heat rights at one time or another since 1990. Has rights locally to ESPN Radio, MLB on ESPN Radio, Miami Dolphins Football, Florida Marlins Baseball, Florida Panthers Hockey, and University of Miami Athletics. Almost all of lineup is locally produced.

Station: WRFX-AM****

Su 2002: 0.4

Fa 2002: 0.6

Wi 2003: 0.4

Sp 2003: 0.4

Su 2003: 0.7

Fa'03 -P1: 0.6

**** Was WINZ-AM until September 5, 2002. Switched to Fox Sports Radio National Format in Summer of 2002. Has added local shows formerly on WIOD, but has no major play-by-play rights. Has rights to Gator Network in Miami.