Dee Gordon Suspended for 80 Games

Piazza31

I still love Dee. He's going to be that 2nd half spark that we need to fight our way into the playoffs. 

You may hate him, call him a cheater, etc., he served his suspension, he did his time. He's still a Marlin, and while he wears that Marlins jersey I will be cheering loud as hell for him.

He has to come back and start, DD is slumping hard, give him a break (also get him some more practice reps at 1b).

if you think DD over Dee is the better option, you're letting emotions get the best of you, because there's no comparison.

I'm going to take this as "I've always used because I was the smallest. I got caught because I didn't think I would get caught, you know complacency, because I was small. So now that I got my contract, I'll go clean (or hide it better). Thank you Lord for helping me evade testing for long enough to make bank. I'll be sure to let me kids know that in the game of life there are winners and losers. Losers get caught before the big payday. I'm a winner. To other small athletes out there, I came first, I saw first, I conquered first, so now you need to be mentally tough. I'm sure that will have the same benefits as PEDs. Mind over matter." - Dee Gordon (black)

I'm going to take this as "I'm a dick"  - squall (dick)

Guest Guest
I guess I'm naive but I'm assuming he was tested last season multiple times so I'm gonna believe he was clean last year. His failed test was this spring, I'm still on the "he took peds this year afraid he wouldn't be able to match last years production after signing his new contract." I could be absolutely wrong but that's what the facts lead me to believe unless I'm shown otherwise.

Why would u assume this?  I don't believe every player is tested every year. 

It's much more plausible to believe that he was a struggling older player and took peds so he could become an everyday player. 

It's much more plausible to believe that he was a struggling older player and took peds so he could become an everyday player. 

I could be wrong, but I believe they are all tested pretty often. It increases for specific players if they fail a test as well, if I'm not mistaken.

As far as I know they are tested every year and it's a fact that his failed test was this spring. Based on that evidence alone it would actually be wrong to assume he was on peds last year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.