Sign in to follow this  

Status of DJ and Loria's relationship

slightly OT: are any of the dudes that the Nats just fired worth taking a look at for the coaching staff?

New manager will be deciding on the coaching staff and if its a veteran manager (expected), he'll have his usual few coaches tag along I bet

Has anybody mentioned yet that Chuck Hernandez and Frank Menechino have been let go?

EDIT: It looks like it's not official yet. They were just told that it's likely they will be gone because they expect the new manager to replace them.

I guess the Marlins will need to come up with a new brilliant hitting strategy.

Has anybody mentioned yet that Chuck Hernandez and Frank Menechino have been let go?

EDIT: It looks like it's not official yet. They were just told that it's likely they will be gone because they expect the new manager to replace them.

I guess the Marlins will need to come up with a new brilliant hitting strategy.

see the ball. hit the ball

Nobody was let go exactly. All coaches were only signed for 2015. They've been given the option to look elsewhere. New manager will choose a staff. It may or may not include some of the same coaches 

Menechino and Hernandez have been excellent. It would be a shame to lose those guys, hopefully this new manager is worth it. FWIW Jennings really put it together with this team to end the year.

Is it wrong to say this allowing the coaches to pursue other options is actually a nice courtesy move? They're being upfront about the new manager being allowed to pick his own staff.

Bring Perry Hill back.

Agreed, he's so respected in the game that I'm guessing most managers would want him on their staff

Clark Spencer is making it sound like only Hernandez and Menechino were told to pursue other options while Cornelius, Harris, and Hill were told they'd stay on with a new manager. I don't think that's the way it went down but if it is, that changes it somewhat in that now it looks more like Hernandez and Menechino are specifically being let go. Telling 2 coaches of the whole staff sounds more like they're being fired.