Sign in to follow this  

Status of DJ and Loria's relationship

Honestly if any of the coaches need to be let go, it's them.

I have no problem with this entire coaching staff. After the offensive disaster that was 2013, I'm thoroughly impressed with Menechino's work in 2014 and 15 even with the bumps in the road. There's a bunch of pitching coaches worse than Chuck Hernandez. Perry Hill is a no brainer. From what I've seen Brett Butler has made quality contributions to the team in his time here. No one on this coaching staff flat out sucks. If anything, that would be Goff, but we really have no way of knowing that. I have no problem with a new manager being allowed to pick his entire staff from scratch but its not because any of the existing coaches need to go.

Marlins were 29th in runs scored in 2015.  I'd say offense is a problem.  I guess we could just blame the players but as we all know, thats never something that actually happens.

Marlins were 17th or something in runs allowed aka middle of the pack.  If you can upgrade, great.  There are worse out there from a raw numbers standpoint, but I"m sure this moron organization will hold the lack of strikeouts against Hernandez.  

None of the coaches are signed for 2016, new manager will have full control of his staff. That being said, its possible (and likely) that at least one coach returns if not more.

Loria doesn't like managers < Loria likes Jennings < Jennings becomes the manager < Loria doesn't like Jennings.

I have no problem with this entire coaching staff. After the offensive disaster that was 2013, I'm thoroughly impressed with Menechino's work in 2014 and 15 even with the bumps in the road. There's a bunch of pitching coaches worse than Chuck Hernandez. Perry Hill is a no brainer. From what I've seen Brett Butler has made quality contributions to the team in his time here. No one on this coaching staff flat out sucks. If anything, that would be Goff, but we really have no way of knowing that. I have no problem with a new manager being allowed to pick his entire staff from scratch but its not because any of the existing coaches need to go.

All of this. The team only ranked 29th in runs because the best run producer in the game of baseball was on the bench most of the year. When Giancarlo gets back in the lineup I'd say our offense looks pretty exciting going into 2016. Menechino has done a great job IMO. Hernandez has done what he can with what he's been given and I also have no problems there. Hell, I didn't have any issues with Redmond... But I won't lose sleep if a new manager brings in his guys. It's just sad that a guy like Stanton can't get used to anybody.

All of this. The team only ranked 29th in runs because the best run producer in the game of baseball was on the bench most of the year. When Giancarlo gets back in the lineup I'd say our offense looks pretty exciting going into 2016. Menechino has done a great job IMO. Hernandez has done what he can with what he's been given and I also have no problems there. Hell, I didn't have any issues with Redmond... But I won't lose sleep if a new manager brings in his guys. It's just sad that a guy like Stanton can't get used to anybody.

one player doesnt make your offense go from a top 10 (which would make the hitting coach do a great job, tbh) to 29th.  

one player doesnt make your offense go from a top 10 (which would make the hitting coach do a great job, tbh) to 29th.  

Pretty sure our offense was right around 15th in baseball when Stanton went on the DL... Not top 10, but that was without major contributions from Bour, Dietrich and Realmuto and that was when Salty, Ozuna and even Yelich were not contributing much or anything. 

If Erick was an MLB Owner, his team would only have the players. He wouldn't have a manager nor any coaches. Wait, are owners irrelevant as well Erick?