Sign in to follow this  
GM

Dave Magadan

So you did read that, right? It basically says he use of "irregardless" is complete idiocy because it literally means the opposite of its intended meaning. Kinda like when people say, "I could care less" which actually means you could care less, instead of the actual phrase which is, "I couldn't care less".

the article concludes that it's a word. No one is saying anything further. You are wrong.

HA ITS A WORD!!!!

you should have asked me.

i could have told you that,  i used to be a member of a trivia group who would seek out the most obscure words and use them in everyday conversation.  

I don't understand why people think the Marlins "need to give someone a call" just because he played for the team a little bit over 20 years ago.

No.  It's because he is a quality hitting coach who left the Rangers due to his desire to work closer to Florida.

Playing for the Marlins was just conjecture. 

the article concludes that it's a word. No one is saying anything further. You are wrong.

Fine. Just like conversate is a word.

Both words used by those short on diction and long on ignorance.

FYI it's only a word today because so many people have used it improperly it has forced its way into the dictionary. 

FYI it's only a word today because so many people have used it improperly it has forced its way into the dictionary. 

you actually used the word 'long' incorrectly. I figured I'd let you know in case you ever use it like that around other vocabulary elitist douchebags. They might take more exception to such a heinous crime than simple ignorant people like us ;)

Shockingly the conclusion here:

Admin = right

Wild Card = wrong

And Irregardless was first seen in dictionaries in the early 20th century, so its not really some new phenomena word or anything.  

you actually used the word 'long' incorrectly. I figured I'd let you know in case you ever use it like that around other vocabulary elitist douchebags. They might take more exception to such a heinous crime than simple ignorant people like us ;)

Plese explain how long was not used correctly.

Shockingly the conclusion here:

Admin = right

Wild Card = wrong

And Irregardless was first seen in dictionaries in the early 20th century, so its not really some new phenomena word or anything.  

Well, I wouldn't say Admin was right. The word is still ridiculous. Entendu was right because I guess it's technically in the dictionary... But it doesn't make the word any less ridiculous. Just because people were using such a ridiculous word in the early 20th century simply means people have been saying stupid shit for a long time.

BTW Admin, I didn't intend on this becoming a thing, I was just being playful. Some people have to make it a thing.

I'm ignorant and wrong over the use of a word that exists. Sweet!

oops forgot "idiocy" was involved too.  Wow bad day for me