Orlando Mass Shooting

Hotcorner

I don't agree with neither the gay or Muslim radical lifestyle.

but human life trumps all.

I'll try to explain this very clearly, Vince, as I know you are as dumb as a retarded horse. While people like you exist who "don't agree" with what people who have absolutely nothing to do with you want to do with their gentials, the LGBT community will continue to be marginalised. In reality, people who are LGBT should be no more marginalised than, say, people who prefer blondes over brunettes, or tits over asses. They should be an perfectly accepted part of the human race, as - as I said - what people want to do with their genitals is no concern of yours, or anybodys. But people with retarded "opinions" (lol) like you will continue to enforce this marignalisation. It's no different from saying you don't agree with the blacks lifestyle, or the latin americans lifestyle, or whatever. Okay, you're not a racist, but you're something just as loathesome. No doubt you'll say that being gay is a choice, but believe you me it's not - as I should know as I understand now that I have the capacity to understand that I have been gay all my life, even as a small (and somewhat confused) child.

It's all well and good saying you sympathise with what happened in Orlando, but your "opinions" contributed towards it, by a small degree. These people were targeted deliberately because they are part of the LGBT community that dumb fucks like you continue to marginalise. No one hates people because they prefer Burger King over McDonalds, or cats over dogs. Those examples are simply examples where you pick something that you enjoy over something that you don't - just like sexual attraction.

You say "human life trumps all", yet your family treats your cousin as an "embarrassment" just because he is being true to his own nature? I guess that's okay, as I would want absolutely fuck all to do with you or your moronic-sounding family, even if I was straight.

Squall is clearly a bigot.

This has nothing to do with Islam, people. 

To be honest, I don't see anyone running to the defense of Islam here. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen anyone particularly truly disagree with loathing Islam on this message board. We all just have different rhetoric and different solutions.

Guest Vince0926
I'll try to explain this very clearly, Vince, as I know you are as dumb as a retarded horse. While people like you exist who "don't agree" with what people who have absolutely nothing to do with you want to do with their gentials, the LGBT community will continue to be marginalised. In reality, people who are LGBT should be no more marginalised than, say, people who prefer blondes over brunettes, or tits over asses. They should be an perfectly accepted part of the human race, as - as I said - what people want to do with their genitals is no concern of yours, or anybodys. But people with retarded "opinions" (lol) like you will continue to enforce this marignalisation. It's no different from saying you don't agree with the blacks lifestyle, or the latin americans lifestyle, or whatever. Okay, you're not a racist, but you're something just as loathesome. No doubt you'll say that being gay is a choice, but believe you me it's not - as I should know as I understand now that I have the capacity to understand that I have been gay all my life, even as a small (and somewhat confused) child.

It's all well and good saying you sympathise with what happened in Orlando, but your "opinions" contributed towards it, by a small degree. These people were targeted deliberately because they are part of the LGBT community that dumb fucks like you continue to marginalise. No one hates people because they prefer Burger King over McDonalds, or cats over dogs. Those examples are simply examples where you pick something that you enjoy over something that you don't - just like sexual attraction.

You say "human life trumps all", yet your family treats your cousin as an "embarrassment" just because he is being true to his own nature? I guess that's okay, as I would want absolutely fuck all to do with you or your moronic-sounding family, even if I was straight.

you're back!

also, weren't you like married or something? and yet you thought you were this. why get married in the first place?

To be honest, I don't see anyone running to the defense of Islam here. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen anyone particularly truly disagree with loathing Islam on this message board. We all just have different rhetoric and different solutions.

This has nothing to do with Islam.  I sometimes wish that the 2b Muslims on this planet were actually as bad as these xenophobic idiots thought they were. 

It was because of this comment. This one here wins comment of the year in my opinion.

It was because of this comment. This one here wins comment of the year in my opinion.

Well, I don't know. I suppose I was just commenting on the whole "let's reiterate this point!" sort of thing. It's beating a dead horse. 

I mean I will say that I think this guy was 1) probably a self-hating homosexual, 2) probably last minute threw together this whole ISIS thing and was otherwise acting largely on his own behalf. This isn't a gun violence thing. It's a hate crime. It's a hate crime, perpetrated on the false behalf of religion. But I would also say that it's not as simple as pointing a finger at Islam. If only it were so simple. The idea of 'Muslim control' as you mentioned earlier is sort of a moot point. Ignoring the fact that it's prejudice, it would be as effective as 'gun control.' A derranged Muslim is just as likely to hide his religion until the last minute as he is to hide his gun that he uses to kill everyone. So, while I don't think the poster you quoted was making this point, I do think that simplifying this as just a hate crime, or just an Islamic crime, or just a gun violence problem, or just one of anything is just an oversimplification. 

What a deplorable act this was.

We can argue until we are blue in the face about whether this was a hate crime, whether this was a terrorist act, etc.  But what does this mass shooting have in common with the many other mass shootings that have occurred lately?BensSBR.jpg

That's the common thing.  The ole AR-15.  The fact that the FBI couldn't really stop him from purchasing this great gun is a joke.  There are two problems that continue to arise here:

1) The AR-15.

2) The inability to really do some type of gun control in this nation.  Every gun should be registered.  Every gun should have the gun owner go through a full gun safety class and a full background check prior to purchasing said gun.  Is an assault rifle ban needed?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But something is needed, mostly because the little we do currently simply isn't working.  There is a huge mental health care issue in this nation, and nobody seems willing or care enough to really look into this issue and find a real solution to it. 

2nd amendment.

I understand the second amendment but why shouldn't we be allowed to limit what weapons can be sold. If I'm not mistaken the second amendment is to allow people the right to own weapons as a means of self defense and protection. A handgun to protect my family and my home and myself seems reasonable. An assault rifle to protect my family and my home and myself seems a bit much. My neighbor owns a handgun legally and it doesn't concern me. If I found out he has an assault rifle I'd be more concerned. I think its a fair question.

I just listened to ER doctors at the Orlando hospital (that most of the victims wound up at), lamenting on how most of the gunshot victims were so difficult to operate on because they'd been shredded by that AR-15. 

2nd amendment.

we have restrictions on the 1st amendment, no reason we can't have them on the 2nd.

I understand the second amendment but why shouldn't we be allowed to limit what weapons can be sold. If I'm not mistaken the second amendment is to allow people the right to own weapons as a means of self defense and protection. A handgun to protect my family and my home and myself seems reasonable. An assault rifle to protect my family and my home and myself seems a bit much. My neighbor owns a handgun legally and it doesn't concern me. If I found out he has an assault rifle I'd be more concerned. I think its a fair question.

The purpose of the second amendment is to allow people the right to self defense against their government. We as a first world nation have forgotten that.

It is the patriotic duty of all Americans to learn how to use a long range gun.

was there any mention of security guards at the front of the club? 

I'm still trying to figure out how he got in unnoticed. Kind of hard to conceal an AR, and to have 30 round mags? That's a 40 lb ammo can, you can't just put mags in a pocket, at least not 30 of them. 

The times just aren't adding up, able to fire off almost 1000 rounds in under 7 minutes? Not possible. I have to maintain my profiency with an M16 for work (range every 3 months) and I don't think I could fire off that many rounds in that short amount of time.

And what was with the 3 hour delay from when they shooting began to when the cops finally busted the wall?

And what was with the 3 hour delay from when they shooting began to when the cops finally busted the wall?

The way I understood it, in those three hours he had stopped shooting and was inside a bathroom with some hostages and on the phone with the police. I don't believe anyone was hurt in that time period. I just can't imagine being one of the survivors waiting for three hours crouched in a corner or somewhere waiting that long. Sounds absolutely terrifying when you consider the amount of time. I thought it was a quick thing, you were killed or escaped or survived and the shooting ended but the three hour thing adds another element of fear to this.

I'll address a couple things.

Any competent shooter with some range training could take handgun with a handful of 10 round Clinton era weapon ban magazines and do the same or comparable casualties in the same amount of time. The length of time to drop a mag from the well and reload is seconds. 

It also seems that the majority of these mass shootings occur in gun free zones or states with more severe gun laws. I actually also heard someone say the other day that you never hear about mass shootings stopped by armed citizens. That's partially true because 1 death or no deaths don't sell media like a mass shooting. They do occur and they are reported by some news agencies, you just have to look through all the bullshit about what the Kardashians are doing.

As Entendu stated, the 2nd amendment was created to ensure that people have a right to protect themselves and to protect themselves from government oppression. People have forgotten that or frankly just don't care. 

I honestly think a large portion of this country especially the younger crowd wish we were still under British rule. They have such a disdain for this country and what our forefathers fought for.

I'll address a couple things.

Any competent shooter with some range training could take handgun with a handful of 10 round Clinton era weapon ban magazines and do the same or comparable casualties in the same amount of time. The length of time to drop a mag from the well and reload is seconds.

But it wasn't a handgun that caused this, big difference. I'm just speaking the time frame they gave.

The world when the second amendment was added is completely different from the world we live in now (not to mention the type of weapons and ways to acquire them are completely different). The Constitution wasn't some perfect document despite its importance and significance.

Nobody wants to take the world's guns away. Its far too late to live in a world free of violence and gun related incidents. The shooting only brings up the regular discussion of making it harder for sick people to get there hands on weapons that have little practical purpose in the real world outside of causing far more violence than it prevents.

What a deplorable act this was.We can argue until we are blue in the face about whether this was a hate crime, whether this was a terrorist act, etc.  But what does this mass shooting have in common with the many other mass shootings that have occurred lately?BensSBR.jpg

That's the common thing.  The ole AR-15.  The fact that the FBI couldn't really stop him from purchasing this great gun is a joke.  There are two problems that continue to arise here:

1) The AR-15.

2) The inability to really do some type of gun control in this nation.  Every gun should be registered.  Every gun should have the gun owner go through a full gun safety class and a full background check prior to purchasing said gun.  Is an assault rifle ban needed?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But something is needed, mostly because the little we do currently simply isn't working.  There is a huge mental health care issue in this nation, and nobody seems willing or care enough to really look into this issue and find a real solution to it. 

Tell that to the black market.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app