2016-17 Florida Panthers Season Thread

Welp folks, all my worst fears have been realized. We spent all that time with bad ownership, and finally get away from it, to slip right back into it. I can't believe I have to deal with the chance of Loria x2. Christ.

I'm just so depressed. I'm beside myself, I can't tell ya.

Gallant was fired because he didn't want to be a puppet for the front office and refused to tailor his strategy to his personnel ( think Art Howe in Moneyball).

Admirable qualities in an man, loyal to his own convictions and valuing his integrity over his paycheck.

However, the downfall of many a manager in every sport before him and many more after him.

Gallant was fired because he didn't want to be a puppet for the front office and refused to tailor his strategy to his personnel ( think Art Howe in Moneyball).

Admirable qualities in an man, loyal to his own convictions and valuing his integrity over his paycheck.

However, the downfall of many a manager in every sport before him and many more after him.

I'm not arguing that. This is just personal, being a sports fan of the Marlins, and Panthers, and the way the Hurricane football team has been for the last 14 years, and where the Panthers were at in their rebuild...

The last thing I wanted was ownership interference with the Panthers.

I think the most important thing when this blue line went through such an upheaval, is for the Front Office and the Coaching Staff to be on the same page. This isn't the same dump and chase blue line we had last year, it was meant to be more finnesse and control the puck through all three zones.

Gallant showed an unwillingness to adapt to his personnel and use it's strengths to his advantage. The very reason Adam Gase was so successful recently is he realized this wasn't the type of team he was forcing his system on, so he changed his system to a more of a run first, option type offense.

Gallant needed to realize that sooner, his offensive game plan up front was good.... he just wasn't open to facilitating that offense a different way.  

That, and Reimer was signed to be a 1B goaltender, but Lu coming off hip surgery has started 18 games to Reimer's 10. It should be more even, and it should be a priority to get Reimer going. He's won 3 of those 10 games.

Rowe is dangerously close to having to fire himself for not using his own signing the way he intended.

That Gallant firing seemed the right thing to do in hindsight...

Why? Gallant brought winning and more importantly stability. The players liked him and he wasn't a total idiot. 

Tom Rowe is a selfish shit with an anger problem. Who does that remind me of? Mike Keenan. How did that era treat the Panthers? 

Your coach should never be your GM. When a frustrated coach has the ability to use emotion to act on their roster management, it spells out bad business. Rowe is an asshole who did this for his own self benefit. 

Why? Gallant brought winning and more importantly stability. The players liked him and he wasn't a total idiot. 

Tom Rowe is a selfish shit with an anger problem. Who does that remind me of? Mike Keenan. How did that era treat the Panthers? 

Your coach should never be your GM. When a frustrated coach has the ability to use emotion to act on their roster management, it spells out bad business. Rowe is an asshole who did this for his own self benefit. 

That was sarcasm. Should have been more clear.

Anyone else find themselves to be not interested in this team at this point? The games actually make me fall asleep when I watch. They do everything wrong. At least Luongo is still good, which makes them mediocre rather than completely terrible.

Yes, that's what it looks like to me too. Management performed a hatchet job on what was looking like one of the best young up and coming teams in the league. 

Anyone else find themselves to be not interested in this team at this point? The games actually make me fall asleep when I watch. They do everything wrong. At least Luongo is still good, which makes them mediocre rather than completely terrible.

Yup same for me and I'm not even as down on the team as some others. Idk why but when they lose I don't feel shit.

It's unfair to say they do everything wrong. Huberdeaus injury killed the top line then the saving grace of it Marchessault got hurt and it just got worse.

When it comes to the PP you are right it's awful but the PK is really good. I was hard on matheson early in the year but he's gotten tons better. I also really like Demers 90% of the time. Ekblad has looked like ass most of the year and I really don't know why. But he's been decent the last few games.

The older guys are old a la Jagr, Jokinen but also have moments. And Jagr is legendary so you can't even be mad.

Lu has been awesome most of the time. Never know what you're getting with Reimer which is a problem but when he is on he's good. Guess that's all you can ask of a backup.

Huby coming back will add a lot more chemistry to this team. We should still be in the race when he does. So I'm not worried just yet.

I bought season tickets this year and because me and my girlfriend always have a good time no matter what and because the reps are servicenis awesome I have yet to regret it. On ice oroduct hasn't been perfect but all things considered good enough. Second half of the season though they won't get that much slack with me.

I really don't think things are as bad as people seem to think. 

The team clearly is struggling in close games but that's about it. They've been playing good hockey the majority of the time. They don't look like a bad hockey team and I expect them to fight for a playoff spot, even at the rate they're playing. And I think there's still certainly room for improvement.