7/15 Rojas pied

It feels like every bullpen is the worst bullpen in the majors right now. The Marlins aren't with two Allstars at 8th and 9th inning, but they still don't make me feel like a lead is safe when they get the ball. But almost every bullpen I've seen feels like that. The Marlins mashed 3 of 4 from the Cubs off their bullpen. The later innings are going to get very interesting for everybody in the second half of the season....

Big inning for Rodney. Speaking for myself, the issue I had/have with the Rodney deal is that we dealt our best chip for Rodney and sent Ellington down for that spot. Is the upgrade from Ellington to Rodney worth giving up Paddack's trade value? And the answer comes down to whether Paddack and some pieces could have gotten us a quality starter. We may never know. I was always fine dealing Paddack, it just would have been better to replace our 5th starter with a quality starter versus replacing Ellington with Rodney.

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

Big inning for Rodney. Speaking for myself, the issue I had/have with the Rodney deal is that we dealt our best chip for Rodney and sent Ellington down for that spot. Is the upgrade from Ellington to Rodney worth giving up Paddack's trade value? And the answer comes down to whether Paddack and some pieces could have gotten us a quality starter. We may never know. I was always fine dealing Paddack, it just would have been better to replace our 5th starter with a quality starter versus replacing Ellington with Rodney.

agreed 100%

Yes, I would have traded Paddack for Rodney if that was the best piece we could have added. I am all for going for it this year, and Rodney helps us next year too in many ways (for example we can trade a bullpen arm to upgrade elsewhere and we can spend more money elsewhere because he is a value).