7/19 Post

Back to back extra inning wins.

Lol I was pretty scared with Franco coming up there considering the last two at bats he had in the 9th inning in Philadelphia against Ramos. 

Urena was very solid and I think we saw him be more all out with the fastball as a starter than he was before. 

Hes fucked with us before so well see. 

Ballgame!!!! Would have been nice if the Cubs pushed through a few runs against the Muts but it makes this win all the better. With Pittsburgh, LAD, and NYM all winning this was a great win. Our AAA pitcher against their ace and we come away with the WIN. Ugly wins count the same in the standings. Our bullpen (minus Dunn--even though he did well tonight) is LIGHTS OUT. The entire strategy of this team should rely on having our 3-5 pitchers to just give us 5 strong and let the pen take care of the rest...ala the Royals these past two years. Next year with Capps back we will be even better (as long as they find a LHP upgrade from Dunn). Phelps-Claw-Capps-Rodney-Ramos....wow.

i reposted this from the game thread...i was a little late.