7/19 Post

YES.

this 100%

when he keeps that ball down in the zone his stuff looked absolutely filthy at times tonight and omgz, a marlins pitcher who gets ground balls (take note Chen).

Its easier for him to keep the ball down, because he has that natural run to his fastball. He looked very solid tonight, although it was against Philly. Still think we need to go get another arm and Urena can make a spot start here and there depending on TK, injuries, and to keep Jose under that inning limit 

Capps as trade bait ???? 

Eh. I'd rather hold on to him for two reasons:

1.) I'm not crazy about mortgaging the future. Throw Capps in this bullpen next year, and we have the best pen in baseball.

2.) Due to his injury, his value is not as high as it should be right now.

Unless you can really swindle another team, trading Capps would be a mistake.

IF Capps returns to form we'll have a surplus of + arms in the bullpen next year with reserves down on the farm.  It certainly helps mask the shortcomings of our rotation as Capps, Rodney, Ramos, Phelps, Claw are close to as sure a thing as you can get in baseball and that alone accounts for over half a game of near shut-out ball.  Throw in Wittgren and Ellington who have looked good in their time up and it is likely the best bullpen we've ever experienced as Marlins fans.  Hard to believe that the fish opened the season with probably the worst bullpen in all of MLB and have changed it into a top 5 pen just by realizing their own stupidity and promoting the right personnel. 

Good to see them finally beating teams they're supposed to be beating (i.e. Reds and Phils) although I'd like to see them win an easy one against one of these teams I'll take the baby steps at this point considering the number of games they pissed away against the Braves, Twins, and Phillies earlier this year.

And the front office gets no credit for building this elite, deep bullpen? Ramos, Wittgren and Ellington were great draft picks and developed well in the minors. Phelps we got in the Eovaldi deal (which was robbery), Barraclough we got for Cishek, Capps for Lomo, Rodney for Cy Young, McGowan was a nice signing. I mean, we didn't just luck into this bullpen.

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

And the front office gets no credit for building this elite, deep bullpen? Ramos, Wittgren and Ellington were great draft picks and developed well in the minors. Phelps we got in the Eovaldi deal (which was robbery), Barraclough we got for Cishek, Capps for Lomo, Rodney for Cy Young, McGowan was a nice signing. I mean, we didn't just luck into this bullpen.

Excuse me, praise to this front office is not allowed here under any circumstances. Consider this a warning, your next offense may result in a fine or possibly a ban.

My grandparents' old adage may apply........a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while

I only notice "Rodney for CY YOUNG".

front office also cost us valuable games by running out an absolute shit fest of a bullpen to start the season when most of these guys were available to have been there since the beginning of the season.  I will praise them for realizing their egregious error and rectifying it before the ASG however.