Marlins Acquire Cervenka

Guest Guest

There's a reason the Marlins have such a Shitty farm system, that problem maybe will be addressed one day.

I don't care much about losing Mader, Seymour though was among the Marlins, top 10 prospects, the Marlins repeatedly seem to forget that they'll need players after this season, but I guess maybe another bullpen arm will work out better than the Rodney deal.

1. Legit top 10 prospects or in the Marlins organization top 10?

2. So you want the Marlins organization to back off in the year when we are in the position now to do something in the post season or just keep him/them/the next one in a year we aren't?  Yes I don't know the future, but look at the odds since 2003 in how many years have we been in contention?  12?  10?  8?  5?  You can't have it both ways, dude

I'm just hoping that the fact they are willing to trade any and every prospect indicates Loria will be selling after the 2017 season.  No reason to plan for the future of a team he won't own.  

Because Jeffrey Loria is getting older (76 in November) and has NO CHILDREN to leave a legacy to (Steinbrenner), the ASG in Miami in 2017, no longer has a penalty if Loria decides to sell which would have been imposed by Miami,  and who tries to stay so actively involved in the day-to-day operation more than other owners to me (too hard on him as he ages and travels) as strong indication that your comment is very valid.  So unless Loria REALLY LOVES Samson as a SON OR there is a quiet member of the Marlins ownership who plans to step forward, the odds are sooner then later.

Why was there a penalty in place if he sold too soon? So that he wouldn't get the ballpark and then cash out on us right? Fuck man they tried to cover their asses there but they also screwed the Marlins fan base too. I mean, maybe not but who knows if him selling sooner would have been better for the team and the community despite him rolling in money.

Guest Guest
Why was there a penalty in place if he sold too soon? So that he wouldn't get the ballpark and then cash out on us right? Fuck man they tried to cover their asses there but they also screwed the Marlins fan base too. I mean, maybe not but who knows if him selling sooner would have been better for the team and the community despite him rolling in money.

This assumes that Loria WILL sell.  I'm not so sure about that.  Hoping you're right. 

This assumes that Loria WILL sell.  I'm not so sure about that.  Hoping you're right. 

What else is he going to do with it unless another ownership membership steps forward?  It's not like he can take its to the grave.  To my knowledge you can't bury a stadium as some people are buried in their car nor can you euthanize the players/staff like you can with a pet.  So you think they are going to stuff him and use him as an artifact?

EDIT:  Oh and he is Jewish so he has to be buried within 24 hours in Jewish cemetery.  Don't think Marlins Park qualifies

What else is he going to do with it unless another ownership membership steps forward?  It's not like he can take its to the grave.  To my knowledge you can't bury a stadium as some people are buried in their car nor can you euthanize the players/staff like you can with a pet.  So you think they are going to stuff him and use him as an artifact?

i'm voting that they use taxidermy and make his corpse into a lifesize bobblehead for the Bobblehead Museum.

Guest Guest

EDIT:  Oh and he is Jewish so he has to be buried within 24 hours in Jewish cemetery.  Don't think Marlins Park qualifies

He could give it to Samson. Or will it to whomever he wants. A distant cousin maybe?

Or maybe he lives another 10-15 years.  Stranger things have happened.  

i bet samson would be better than jeffrey just cause he wouldnt meddle in roster decisions

Plus there isn't much damage you can do to an organization from a Lil' Tykes "My first Desk" with half-done paint by numbers on it.  I bet his feet still wouldn't touch the floor.