8/27 Padres @ Marlins 7:10 PM

DTrain

We tried the whole "Bring Jack back" thing. It was a trainwreck and he showed he didn't belong managing anymore. 

Mattingly is fine. Whatever it is he and the coaching staff have helped bring the most out of a lot of offensive players this season. Definite improvements in necessary spots.

We tried the whole "Bring Jack back" thing. It was a trainwreck and he showed he didn't belong managing anymore. 

Mattingly is fine. Whatever it is he and the coaching staff have helped bring the most out of a lot of offensive players this season. Definite improvements in necessary spots.

how dare you

Jack did nothing wrong. The team was a total piece of shit when he took over. I think Stanton was injured for at least half of that time too.

Even if he did nothing wrong, he showed that he didn't have what it takes anymore. I remember him just looking tired all the time and not really having his head in the game anymore. It also really felt like he was just thrown into the position and wasn't interested in actually doing the job.

All in all nostalgia only goes so far. Mattingly is an actual manager right now. Obviously love McKeon, but his days of managing have been long gone for a while (it is obvious that '03 was basically a last run for him).

Even if he did nothing wrong, he showed that he didn't have what it takes anymore. I remember him just looking tired all the time and not really having his head in the game anymore. It also really felt like he was just thrown into the position and wasn't interested in actually doing the job.

All in all nostalgia only goes so far. Mattingly is an actual manager right now. Obviously love McKeon, but his days of managing have been long gone for a while (it is obvious that '03 was basically a last run for him).

I don't know what you're talking about it; his mind seems sharp to me.

Jack isn't a perfect manager, but his in-game management has frustrated me much less than the likes of Mattingly, Redmond, and Gonzalez. I'd be saying this even if they didn't win the WS with him.