Should the Marlins trade Bour this offseason?

absolutely not scruggs is not very good and strikes out 35% of the time. Bour is very good and put up like 1.5 WAR in 250ab with terrific bb/k ratio. You don't trade that when the rest of the team hits gbs 59% of the time

He's shitty on D, terrible vs lefties and is coming off an injury that has a very good chance of recurring. That's the point of my article

....... idk maybe.

Sent from my SM-N920T using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

Basically my answer. There's a lot of factors in play here. It all depends on how the free agent market goes, what the Marlins plans are for the offseason (whether it be tinkering with the roster, full on re-doing it, going in for free agency, etc...), and how much our current players are valued in the trade market (namely Ozuna/Koehler/Hech/Dietrich/Telis)

Bour is not going to have value in a trade. He's old without a great track record - he was awesome in 60 games this year, but wasn't all that hot last year and doesn't have an impressive minor league history prior. But he has good value to us because he did have an awesome 250 PA this year and you see if you can hold on to that. He's the kind of player you want to have around because it's inexpensive potential, but he's not the kind of player you give up value for.

Him not being able to hit lefties doesn't matter. You want a RH corner bat on your bench anyway. You're grossly overstating his defensive issues and he's closer to average (-2 career uzr/150). Injury concerns don't mean much because he's making the minimum next year. And if he gets injured, your boy Scruggs can fill in. But strait up replacing him with Scruggs is redic. 

Bour is not going to have value in a trade. He's old without a great track record - he was awesome in 60 games this year, but wasn't all that hot last year and doesn't have an impressive minor league history prior. But he has good value to us because he did have an awesome 250 PA this year and you see if you can hold on to that. He's the kind of player you want to have around because it's inexpensive potential, but he's not the kind of player you give up value for.

Him not being able to hit lefties doesn't matter. You want a RH corner bat on your bench anyway. You're grossly overstating his defensive issues and he's closer to average (-2 career uzr/150). Injury concerns don't mean much because he's making the minimum next year. And if he gets injured, your boy Scruggs can fill in. But strait up replacing him with Scruggs is redic. 

Pretty much this. Bour is cheap and he doesn't have much trade value anyway.

Looking into it, I don't see 1st base being a priority for teams this offseason. The Astros would've been a good fit to get value for Bour if they didn't go and sign Yulieski Gourriel to a $50 million deal in July. 

Like Nny said, he's more valuable to us than the likely value offered in return. I'm just saying that I wouldn't make him off limits in trade discussions. I don't view Bour as indispensable for the team's long term future. He's a good player, but there are 1st baseman out there like him.

He's shitty on D, terrible vs lefties and is coming off an injury that has a very good chance of recurring. That's the point of my article

I read and get it and appreciate the discussion piece. Thinking bour is shitty on defense is a very mattingly thing. He was actually quite effective this year per metrics.

I'm just not understanding what's been so impressive about Scruggs and his below replacement level 55 abs and 380 babip. His 30% k rate is here to stay

Basically what nny said

I read and get it and appreciate the discussion piece. Thinking bour is shitty on defense is a very mattingly thing. He was actually quite effective this year per metrics.

I'm just not understanding what's been so impressive about Scruggs and his below replacement level 55 abs and 380 babip. His 30% k rate is here to stay

Basically what nny said

Yeah but he's fat. 

Scruggs as Bour's platoon mate maybe?  It wouldn't cost them anything so seems like a likely option...

This is what I was thinking. If he can hit LHP consistently then why not. Allows us to allocate whatever money we will use for what matters next year, like pitching.

I think if someone is getting dealt it is Hech and Ozuna. If they could move Gordon they would.

Yeah but he's fat. 

Haha yep its the same as way as people writing Ichiro off because he's "old". He's clearly still productive despite his age. Bour's weight doesn't change the fact he's done well. And I know you were being sarcastic.

Haha yep its the same as way as people writing Ichiro off because he's "old". He's clearly still productive despite his age. Bour's weight doesn't change the fact he's done well. And I know you were being sarcastic.

ichiro was actually really bad last year (-.7 WAR) so there's that.

ichiro was actually really bad last year (-.7 WAR) so there's that.

What does last year have to do with the fact he's done well this year? The "old" comments were made last month by some here.