Should the Marlins trade Bour this offseason?

For Scruggs a career AAAA player?

That would be a typical marlins move.

Marlins should go sign a real 1b if they are to trade Bour (who probably only has nominal trade value)

How is Scruggs a career AAAA player? Because it took him to 28 to fully arrive? The same thing happened to Bour. Is he AAAA too?

He's a -2 dWAR player career wise so he's slightly worse than avg

dWAR takes position into account. You're not going to find many 1b with a positive dWAR, because that's where you put bad defensive players.

It's more apt to compare him only to other 1b

dWAR takes position into account. You're not going to find many 1b with a positive dWAR, because that's where you put bad defensive players.

It's more apt to compare him only to other 1b

Which is exactly why Bour is there. He's a bad defender. He has no stretch, zero range to his right and bumbling foot work. Even if that is where you put bad defneders, he hurts a team more than helps it out there. There are 1Bs who don't do that

And now with the injury I fear Bour may get worse.

Which is exactly why Bour is there. He's a bad defender. He has no stretch, zero range to his right and bumbling foot work. Even if that is where you put bad defneders, he hurts a team more than helps it out there. There are 1Bs who don't do that

And now with the injury I fear Bour may get worse.

bour's defense is the least of this teams problems and its 60% gb rate

How is Scruggs a career AAAA player? Because it took him to 28 to fully arrive? The same thing happened to Bour. Is he AAAA too?

Bour has shown he belongs in the bigs, Scruggs hasn't yet. Maybe Scruggs ends up being a useful MLB player though

I apologize in advance if I just insulted you or anyone else.

because he is?

AAAA players don't Homer in nearly 10% of their ABs or once every 13 ABs. AAAA players don't hit both sides at over a .500 SLG clip. I mean the dude was the second best player in all of AAA this year and appeared in the top 10 in many of his 8 minor league seasons. He's a MLB talent. Maybe if we called him up when we should have you'd know that.

AAAA players don't Homer in nearly 10% of their ABs or once every 13 ABs. AAAA players don't hit both sides at over a .500 SLG clip. I mean the dude was the second best player in all of AAA this year and appeared in the top 10 in many of his 8 minor league seasons. He's a MLB talent. Maybe if we called him up when we should have you'd know that.

And a 30℅ k rate in milb and a pretty pathetic first 50 MLB ab. I am pretty unimpressed at best.

He absolutely should be the weak side if the platoon though unless the marlins get a legit righty

And a 30℅ k rate in milb and a pretty pathetic first 50 MLB ab. I am pretty unimpressed at best.

He absolutely should be the weak side if the platoon though unless the marlins get a legit righty

He has hardly got a shot vs RHP in the bigs. Yeah, he's gonna K like any power threat. But pretty unfair to say he shouldn't at least get a shot to show he can hit them

He has hardly got a shot vs RHP in the bigs. Yeah, he's gonna K like any power threat. But pretty unfair to say he shouldn't at least get a shot to show he can hit them

I agree he absolutely should get a shot and should have been called up a long time ago prob right when bour went down. he's far better than the other garbage they were throwing out there. Where we diverge is him vs bour and it's really not even close

I agree he absolutely should get a shot and should have been called up a long time ago prob right when bour went down. he's far better than the other garbage they were throwing out there. Where we diverge is him vs bour and it's really not even close

It's closer than you think though and I think in time he will prove it. A lot of the basis of my article also revolved around circumstances with JB. His injury for the common athlete, as i wrote, let alone a 300lb one, carries a heavy chance of recurring. And if that happens and he goes down for a considerable amount of time next year, we will never get proper value for him (though he'll be cheap in his arbi years). I guess I just don't want to run that risk if we don't have to and with Scruggs, who is almost as good was Bour vs RHP as a minor leaguer, and can also mash lefties and play decent D, around, it seems like an unnecessary risk to take.

Then there's our needs. We may need to let go of a name we don't necessarily want to to bring back the kind of quality pitching help we need. Bour could be that guy and is a guy we can replace a lot easier than we can replace virtually anything else, except maybe Hech which we won't get anything for. To me, it's just an advantageous time to get decent value for Bour. (And I like Bour vs righties for the record. Brings much needed power. In every other way though he isnt anything more than league average. Scruggs is just a better all around player. And that's not close)