Sign in to follow this  
Nny

We removed the player with the 20th worst wRC+ in baseball from the two hole for the 7th worst

To give you an idea how bad Realmuto has been so far:

He's third in baseball in GB%. Which isn't bad if you hit the ball hard. The players in front of him (Villar and Freeze) have hit a ball softly <7% of the time. Realmuto has 35% of the time, 4th worst in the majors.

He has hit a grand total of 11 balls into the outfield.

He's young and I still believe in him but damn

9 minutes ago, Nny said:

:rain

If this were wearing a Marlins hat, it would be the official logo of C0L.

Just now, el penguino said:

If this were wearing a Marlins hat, it would be the official logo of C0L.

Someone with photoshop skills needs to do this, @SilverBullet1929 get on it

Guest Vince0926
10 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

If you're good at something, never do it for free.

how about a magic trick?

Wait Realmuto is batting second? I could've sworn it was Prado most recently. I'm guessing Realmuto is 2nd in today's game then.

That's a stupid thing to do. Also, as somebody who has watched Realmuto grow in the minors, he may ultimately just be a decent backup catching option at the major league level. Nothing I've seen from him the last few years gives me confidence in him in the lineup long term.

2 minutes ago, Hotcorner said:

He's not great but he's not this bad, just slow start.

Obviously he's not a sub .500 OPS hitter, but I'm not sure how high his ceiling really is. He was a near .700 OPS hitter last year as a rookie, so there's decent room for improvement, but he only had one and a half good seasons in the minors with a lot of struggling in between. He doesn't have plate discipline and his bat speed leaves a great deal to be desired. If we can get a 2 WAR catcher every year I'm sure that's fine, but I don't know how much he will ever improve on that.

But we literally have nothing in the system catcher wise, have no assets in the system to trade for somebody else's catcher, and have an owner and front office that'll never spend for an established catcher, so there's really nothing else but to hope that Realmuto hits his potential. But that's a much bigger gamble than we should be relying on. Luckily we're far from a playoff team so not really a stressful environment.