Sign in to follow this  
Nny

We removed the player with the 20th worst wRC+ in baseball from the two hole for the 7th worst

Not saying who's side of the argument/debate I'm on here but I love that @squallis going out of his way to use stats and full on explanations vs "The COL"... it's pretty awesome. At this point, I'm waiting for MLB Network to do a whole show on the COL next.

Holy crap, just realized when the Marlins play the Rockies the scorebug and the boxscore on the screen will always read MIA-COL or vice versa! That's gonna be awesome!

14 minutes ago, squall said:

Even still, it's not like he left the marlins and was good. He's adjusted and shown progress. Conclusion, C0L denied. 

Considering he didn't even develop the splitter, which has been a beutiful compliment to his 99mph fastball, until after the marlins, I say this should be a COL CONFIRMED case 

Guest Vince0926

Either way everyone has their opinion. So fair points on both sides.

1 hour ago, squall said:

You think the marlins culture prevented him from learning a splitter? It's not as if he went from shit to star, either. He went from good on a bad team to a little better by progressing as one would expect a young pitcher to do. C0L denied. 

The marlins culture prevented from learning a splitter in that they never even thought to teach him one. Same thing happened with disco who learned a new & effective change up when he left miami. That is the definition of a culture of losing. C0L CONFIRMED

Just now, squall said:

That the definition of shit player development and coaching. C0L denied. 

Aren't the one in the same? Reopening this C0L case.

Guest Vince0926

COL confirmed. Everyone who has the name Nate has sucked for the Marlins. Also COL if your name is nate and didn't make the Marlins then you really are a loser.

I'm going too say that it's mostly some players take to heart their failures when they sign somewhere and get released, traded, etc. before their contract is up and work that much harder to improve on their faults and thus succeed elsewhere after they move on.  Just understanding basic human nature (most athletes are highly competitive) , I can comfortably say that it's likely well over 50% of players have this reaction regardless of which team they played for previously.  Sometimes that drive to succeed to make amends for their failures elsewhere will push them on to have great seasons (comparatively speaking) after they move on to their next club.  There's a reason why many of us will say "he doesn't look like the same player as he was here......".  It's because they aren't as they've worked hard as correcting the mistakes they were making while playing for the Marlins, or any other team. 

Our "curse" is that we've seemingly always been saddled with shitty ownership and haven't had a competent front office since the Dombrowski days.  It starts there and ends there.