Sign in to follow this  
Nny

We removed the player with the 20th worst wRC+ in baseball from the two hole for the 7th worst

Man crazy to think how lucky we were with that first front office led by Dombrowski. Or maybe I'm wrong and it was garbage at the time but looking back and thinking we had Dombrowski as GM just seems like it was a good thing. Then again, I can't remember player transactions from then as well as I do now so what do I know?

Guest Vince0926
2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I'm going too say that it's mostly some players take to heart their failures when they sign somewhere and get released, traded, etc. before their contract is up and work that much harder to improve on their faults and thus succeed elsewhere after they move on.  Just understanding basic human nature (most athletes are highly competitive) , I can comfortably say that it's likely well over 50% of players have this reaction regardless of which team they played for previously.  Sometimes that drive to succeed to make amends for their failures elsewhere will push them on to have great seasons (comparatively speaking) after they move on to their next club.  There's a reason why many of us will say "he doesn't look like the same player as he was here......".  It's because they aren't as they've worked hard as correcting the mistakes they were making while playing for the Marlins, or any other team. 

Our "curse" is that we've seemingly always been saddled with shitty ownership and haven't had a competent front office since the Dombrowski days.  It starts there and ends there. 

Subconsciously I'm upset with the team because of the ownership. It really is a Mickey Mouse run franchise