Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vince0926

4/23 postgame

52 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Red Sox fans do bitch alot.

in their defense they spent 86 years bitching about the bambino curse

9 hours ago, CoastieMike said:

Funny you mentioned this, was gonna ask everyone if they had a second team they followed. 

The Florida Panthers. After that wait for the Lingerie Football league to get going again.

10 hours ago, CoastieMike said:

9 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Of course I'm pissed. This team is no fun right now and the whole point of following a sports team is for fun and a diversion from the stresses of life... yet these idiots provide more stress to me than most of the things in the rest of my life.

How I feel, word for word.

i'm cursed with pretty much every sports team I follow lol - the only team from the 4 major North American sports that I follow to EVER win a title in my LIFETIME ( 35 years old now) are the Marlins.  Of my other three remaining teams, only ONE has even been to the title game in my lifetime and I was too young to remember (Dolphins) and they were blown out by the 49ers.  I was a Charlotte Hornets fan and then moved with them (allegiance-wise) when they moved over to 'Nawlins but they've done zilch and seem to have a voodoo curse over them when it comes to injuries.  And finally, my NHL team, the Sharks, have been notorious choke artists in the playoffs year after year after year and have never made the cup finals. 

That said, I've tried "following" a 2nd team (i was living in Tampa when they made the series) but my heart is never into it and I just can't keep interest.  I'm monogamous to the core when it comes to my relationship with each team in their respective sport. 

Players earned the money,owner earned the money,but what the fans earned ? only the GOOD FEELING OF WINNING,so without winning the damn ballgame,we got nothing.

Guest Vince0926
6 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Players earned the money,owner earned the money,but what the fans earned ? only the GOOD FEELING OF WINNING,so without winning the damn ballgame,we got nothing.

very good point. and I'm tired of spending money on a loser. no literally, we haven't been over .500 in 2 years.

12 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Some Red Sox fans have already begun to whisper that Farrell should be fired in the wake of the club’s 8-9 start, which Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe considered to be very premature thinking. 

So how about a 5-11 start !?

Expectations are a bit different when you are running a team that has the highest payroll in franchise history.

In fairness to Ferrell, he didn't pay a billion dollars for guys like Rick Porcello and Pablo Sandoval.