Sign in to follow this  

4/24 Post Game

Guest Vince0926
11 minutes ago, Arpenschplat said:

Stanton had to hit at least one in SF.  It would not be a trip to SF without a Stanton homer.  Heating up in time for LA is a good sign, too.

yes, I see 2 homers out there in this series.

Much needed win.

Dee Gordon 2 hits and 2 stolen bases too.

Relamuto has a long way to go before he doesn't suck. 

Guest Vince0926
5 minutes ago, DTrain said:

Much needed win.

Dee Gordon 2 hits and 2 stolen bases too.

Relamuto has a long way to go before he doesn't suck. 

we will be much better as a team if Koehler and Cosart pick up, mainly the latter. like what you mentioned, Gordon and realmuto hitting boosts my faith in the team though I'm not too crazy about bour and perhaps will get a day off soon.

Looked better though for a second I thought we were going to blow it again. Phelps got literally exactly what he needed. 

Bryan Morris has to go. Maybe to the minors to work shit out or whatever but everything he throws is belt high and down the middle or else he misses. 

I think Morris is out of the options. I thought Mattingly should have kept Conley to face the pinch hitter. Once he brought in Morris it was a dead give away to bring in Belt. That was pretty much sealed it after that.

Great play by Yelich to throw out Pagan in LF, would have been close again had he not bobbled the other one. I thought the defense was pretty key in this game.

The outfield grass in that park is deathly slow my goodness, I think Bour could go 1st to the 3rd on a ball there.

Great job by Phelps to get the double play and inning ending strikeout to escape the 8th having loaded the bases. Do you reckon he will be kept exclusively in the bullpen now or if a couple of starters go down, would he be used ahead of inexperienced guys in the minors?

9 minutes ago, Schnellders said:

Great job by Phelps to get the double play and inning ending strikeout to escape the 8th having loaded the bases. Do you reckon he will be kept exclusively in the bullpen now or if a couple of starters go down, would he be used ahead of inexperienced guys in the minors?

Doubt they give any thought to him moving to the rotation.  He's been great in the setup role so far.   No reason to move him out of it.   With having Barraclough, Phelps, Ramos finish off games, the back end of the bullpen certainly looks a lot better than the start of the year at least.   I still have no idea what the point of McGowan and Narveson making the opening day roster was.