Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

It's not an exaggeration to say Jose was the heart and soul of the team. It's not an exaggeration to say the Miami Marlins lost the heart of the team today.

The team has to move forward...I'm not sure how you do though.

I can't even imagine going forward with this team personally. 

They will. Because of who Jose was. His memory will inspire them.

I hope it does. I'm sure they'll try. This isn't something you recover from though. It's franchise changing. It changes the entire dynamic of the team and hurts 2017 more than can ever be imagined. It actually has to make the team consider whether they even have the pieces now to compete at all. The pitching staff will be led by Adam Conley and Wei Yin Chen. 

I keep saying this is a discussion for later, and it should be, but we all care so much about the team and the impact Jose had that it's hard not to even think about the meteor sized hole that is being left with the team's pitching. Pitching went from a free agent priority to something that is so far in need that is virtually impossible to replace.

i'm a little shocked at my emotions right now. I've been holding back tears for the past few hours and broke down a few times. I have tears rolling down my cheeks as I type this, and I've never felt this way about anyone I've never seen with my own eyes or never knew personally. It just goes to show you that Jose possessed an aura and energy that  travels and resonates in the hearts and soul of people all around the world. He's truly an amazing human being, almost god like, and now he is god. RIP Jose. You touched the lives of so many, even the people who never had a single interaction with you.